Neurosurgical ResourcesRegister Today!
- by gwenith Mar 20, '04Hi I have just taken on the moderation for this forum - I have spent a number of years (more than I like to admit to ) working and teaching in general Intensive Care units as well as working for some time in a dedicated Neurosurgical Intensive Care. I have a certificate in Neurosurgical Nursing.
One of the things I like to set up for the forums is a thread listing online and general resources. I am starting this thread today. Please feel free to add any resources to the thread including any good readings and texts that you have come across.
Articles and Texts
*** This site has Spanish translation ability***
Centers and Providers
This is a list of places offering this specialty. Inclusion of facilities here does not mean that we recommend these facilities they have been included merely as reference for those interested in doing neurosurgical nursing.
http://www.neuroendoscopy.info/Last edit by sirI on Nov 13, '09
- 20,686 Views
- Mar 30, '04 by gwenithPatient Assessment
Intoduction to the GCS
Ranchos Los Amigos Scale
Neurology link with a couple of articles written in Portugese - always worthwhile having links to sites with other languages.
http://www.medstudents.com.br/neuro/neuro.htmLast edit by sirI on Nov 13, '09
- Apr 17, '04 by gwenithSource for Spinal injuries and Assessment
http://som.flinders.edu.au/FUSA/ORTH...efracture.htmlLast edit by sirI on Nov 13, '09
- Apr 21, '04 by gwenithAnother site discussing these disorders
http://www.thejns-net.org/spine/issu...0920093_r.htmlLast edit by sirI on Nov 13, '09
- Apr 24, '04 by gwenithThis site has some very nice CT pictures and x-rays along with explanations so is worth a look
This site has some pretty gruesome real-life pictures of brain injuries but is well worth visiting - just do it before you eat
Tutorial on reading CT's
another radiology site
http://www.radiology.co.uk/srs-x/cases/cases1.htmLast edit by sirI on Nov 13, '09
- Jun 4, '04 by cwazycwissyRNgwenith,
Our facility (OR) is looking at changing from stealth to brainlab for our guided imagery. Do you know any sites or info on the comparison of the two?
Thanks for the listings of the other sites!
- Mar 25, '05 by AltraGwenith, thank you so much for taking the time to compile these resources! I'm about to begin putting together a presentation on brain injuries and their sequelae for my critical care class -- the listings you have provided are invaluable!
- May 1, '05 by tiroka03thanks everyone for putting all these sites together. I just started working on a neuro floor and need all the resources I can find. Orientation was good, but I want more.