Member Recommended Reading for Neurosurgical/Neurological NursingRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Member Recommended Reading for Neurosurgical/Neurological Nursing in Neuro Intensive Care Nursing, part of Critical Care Nursing ... i have taken the inspiration for this from the neonatal icu forum. i thought that we might like to...by gwenith Apr 17, '04i have taken the inspiration for this from the neonatal icu forum. i thought that we might like to exchange booklists and recommended articles.
please add to this thread - this is about sharing information on what we have found helpful to learn and understand this fascinating discipline.
my stand-by neuro books are:-
the clinical practice of neurological and neurosurgical nursing
neurology and neurosurgery illustrated
lindsay k. bone i and callander r. (churchhill livingstone)
i always enjoyed reading
jamieson's first notebook of head injuries
if you can get your hands on this one it is a hoot!! the author sprinkled the text with funny little limericks as memonics - one of the better books now sadly out of print but one of those where much of the information is timeless.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=63914©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 8,640 Views
- Apr 28, '04 by bellehillHickey was going to be my choice so I guess we can give it a second vote!
- Feb 16, '06 by dorimarthanks guys
- Jan 21, '07 by BBQveganY'all ever read any Oliver Sacks? I'm working on The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat.
- May 29, '07 by AquarianMay I suggest Adams and Victor's Principles of Neurology? Excellent neuroanatomy and physiology on the first part.
- Jun 2, '07 by trustsupplyguyHi! I'll be interviewing for a new grad training program in a neurosurgery department very soon. I'd welcome any feedback regarding how you got into the field, what you like most about it, what you like least, what advice you would give a new grad, what situations do you usually encounter, would this be a good place to start a career, etc.
Thank you in advance for your replies!
- Jul 17, '07 by catherinemarieAny other books to recommend to a nurse new to neuro?
- Sep 18, '10 by simveeThanks! I was just going to ask about this.