- by Bormio Oct 13, '08Hi there,
I am a soon to be nursing student and am very interested in neuro. I love reading the posts. I was wondering if someone could put together a list of all of the abbreviations you use and what they really mean? AMS, ICP....?
Thanks from a newbie!!
- Oct 14, '08 by nrsang97ICP is InterCranial Pressure
MS Multiple Sclerosis
CVA Cereberal Vascular Accident (stroke)
TIA Transient Ischemic Attack (mini stroke)
MAP Mean Arterial Pressure
AMS Acute Mental Status Changes
EVD External Ventriculostomy Drain
MRI Magnetic Resonance Imaging
ABP Arterial Blood Pressure
MCA Middle Cereberal Artery
PCOMM Posterior Communicating Artery
ACOMM Anterior Communicating Artery
SDH SubDural Hematoma
EDH EpiDural Hematoma
SAH SubArachonid Hemorrhage
CPP Cereberal Perfusion Pressure
These are more but I will let someone else post some.
- Oct 14, '08 by BormioAwesome...thanks so much! For the life of me, I couldn't figure some of these out!
- Oct 15, '08 by WWRNHere's one I had to google the other day because even in context I couldn't figure it out...
MAE = Moves All Extremities
Just when you think you know the lingo you find something else you didn't know! =)
- Oct 15, '08 by gwapoPERRLA = Pupils Equally Round Reactive to Light and Accomodation
CN = cranial Nerves
- Oct 22, '08 by dgcloughHow about:
MAE CSP - moves all extremities (to) command, spontaneous, purposeful
Took me forever to remember this one!!