Moving to NebraskaRegister Today!
- by TNTharris Dec 6, '09Hey everyone,
I graduate in June 2010 and I plan on moving to Nebraska from Michigan asap. So my question is.... Would it be better for me to take the NCLEX here in Michigan, become licensed here and then move to NE? or should I move out to NE, take the NCLEX there and just become licensed the first time around in Nebraska? I do not plan on working in Michigan. I would like to start my nursing career if at all possible in Nebraska. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
- Dec 9, '09 by husker_rnHave you looked into job opprtunities in both states yet ? I found a job in Montana after gradation in Nebraska so I took boards in Montana. Was no problem taking the test in another state but you need to have an idea about jobs before making a big decision such as that. Good luck.
- Dec 14, '09 by TNTharrisThank you. I ended up emailing the state of Nebraska and asking them. They said that I could take the test in Michigan and just become licensed in Nebraska.
- Feb 16, '10 by katiebell01The test is a national test and counts for all 50 states. Just make sure to get your license in NE and not MI or else it will be $123 to apply and transfer to NE.
- Apr 28, '10 by SunDazedhope you are not planning on moving to omaha as anew grad... many hospitals currently laying off experienced nurses... psych nursing jobs always seem to be available somewhere