Methodist or Nebraksa Medical Center Accelerated BSN Jan 2011
- 0Feb 9, '10 by laurenzHas anyone applied for Jan 2011 to either of these places and or started to hear anything back?
- 9,453 Visits
- 0Feb 14, '10 by husker141I am wondering this as well, I have yet to send in my application because I have been trying to figure out if not having english composition II complete before I send my application will hinder my chances of acceptance. I really would like to know what it takes to be competitive because they said having a masters would not help my chances, only undergrad course work. My undergrad GPA is 3.45, but my graduate GPA in biomedical sciences is 3.65.
- 0Mar 16, '10 by iop123hi anurseatlast, i see that you have graduated from omaha methodist and i was wondering if you could give me some details. I am applying for the Jan 2010 accelerated program. I was wondering what you gpa was and over all how well you did...im trying to get a feel about how competative it is to get in.....i dont want to apply to programs that i dont have a shot at.....i also am from california so if im am going to invest in a flight out to omaha for an interview i want to make sure i have a chance....also what were some of the questions asked in the interview.....ive never done a nurisng interview so i am nervous......thanks for any help and feedback you can give me....
- 0Mar 17, '10 by anurseatlastQuote from knwgolfI started in 2006 (graduated in 2007) and the ACE program was relatively new at the time so I don't know how it might have changed. I had a very high GPA (I was one of two that had an associates rather than a bachelors) but not all of my classmates did. I suspect that it would be to your benefit to have a 3.0 or higher but don't know if a lower GPA would necessarily knock you out of the running. I think you should be able to talk to someone in admissions and ask what the average GPA was for those accepted for the last ACE class. That would give you an idea.hi anurseatlast, i see that you have graduated from omaha methodist and i was wondering if you could give me some details. I am applying for the Jan 2010 accelerated program. I was wondering what you gpa was and over all how well you did...im trying to get a feel about how competative it is to get in.....i dont want to apply to programs that i dont have a shot at.....i also am from california so if im am going to invest in a flight out to omaha for an interview i want to make sure i have a chance....also what were some of the questions asked in the interview.....ive never done a nurisng interview so i am nervous......thanks for any help and feedback you can give me....
It may be that they will do a phone interview since you are from out of town. Again, I don't know for sure, but they did that with one of my classmates. I don't really remember the interview but I think it was the typical "Why do you want to be a nurse? Why do you want to go to Methodist?" type thing. Think about your answers ahead of time. Everyone who wants to be a nurse wants to help people so that is not a good answer. Make it interesting so they will remember you. Also, this is an intense program. They want to know that you can handle it. What experiences have you had that have prepared you for it? They will ask you if you plan to work while you are in the program (the answer they want is NO - you will focus on your studies).
How was the program? Very intense but I loved it. I would do it again. The first semester was overwhelming but once I got into the swing of it, it was not bad. Realistically, you won't have a lot of time for things other than school but when you do take a break, Omaha has a lot to offer. My class did hang out on occasion (usually to celebrate another test down!). For me, having a study buddy was imperative. She and I spent a lot of time together. You just want to be sure it is someone you click with who is serious about studying. We also had a group that studied together before tests.
Hope that answers some of your questions. Feel free to contact me at any time.
- 0Mar 24, '10 by 2BJenurseknwgolf- I'm applying to Nebraska Methodist too for Jan 2011! and live in San Francisco, CA, where are you? Was also wondering how competitive it is, but can't get a good feel from anyone who's recently been in the program. I've also checked the California board of Nursing, trying to get an idea if the accredidation meets the california requirements, so if I want to come back to CA, I can work here. Have you check into it? Do you know? I've never been to Omaha, but after talking to the enrollement counselor at NM, I'm really hoping to get in, it sounds like a great place for a family- I'm married with a 2 year old daughter.
- 0Mar 24, '10 by iop1232bjenurse- I have no clue how competitive it is! its bizarre sometimes i feel like i have a good chance and then sometimes i feel totally overwhelmed and discouraged like i wont. I have no looked into the EXACT California board requirements, but I talked to someone (unofficial) and they said its possible and easy to get back to california! have you already sent in your application? and if so when are you doing your interview? are you going to do it on the phone or fly out? if you have done it already ....any pointers I think Omaha would be a FANTASTIC place to raise a family, especially when they are young......my dad was born and raised there!!! When you said you talked to an emrollment counselor were you talking to Beth H.? I actually live in Berekley, since I go to UC over there, and my parents are in Marin.....do im not really "from" SF! good luck! if you hear anything let me know and ill do the same for you!!!
- 0Apr 2, '10 by 2BJenurseI just sent in my application and paid the reg fee to Nebraska Methodist college. Now I need to get my statement and transcripts in. I did get an interview with Denver school of Nursing, and although I prefer denver, the cost is significantly big, 48k to 30k, and DSON is waiting to find out about accreditation, so I thought I'd apply at Nebraska Methodist too. Wonder how many applicants they are getting and the average GPA??