Just wanted to get an idea how to create my study plan...
For those who passed the NCLEX...
What did your study plan look like?
Did you use a test review? If no, what did you use?
How many hours did you study a day?
How many questions did you do a day?
How long did you study until you took the NCLEX?
Thanks so much in advance!
May 30, '12
1. I didn't really have a plan. I tried to read a little bit and do some questions every day, but I didn't study every day and I just went through my review book cover-cover or picked an area to study that day at random.
2. My school offered a week-long comprehensive NCLEX review after graduation, so I took that. It was by Judy Miller. She also gave us power-point notes for her entire review, so I used those when I was studying myself. I also used NCLEX-RN Made Incredibly Easy as my only review book.
3. Probably about two hours per day, but sometimes more, sometimes less, sometimes I skipped a day.
4. The NCLEX-RN Made Easy book was broken up into a brief content review and then about 100 review questions per section. I did about half or a whole section per day- so about 50-100 questions.
5. I graduated in mid-May and took the NCLEX at the end of June. I wouldn't have waited so long, but it took forever for my application to be processed by the state BON. Ideally, I wanted to take the exam as soon as possible after graduation.
May 30, '12
I would definitely take the exam as soon after graduation, info is fresh and less time to procrastinate! Good luck