I am so glad to have completed the nclex, and am now a nurse. Below are a couple of tips:
1. Learn you content, and understand why certain things happen
2. Concentrate on you weak areas, and then retest the weak areas once you have studied them.
3. Do a couple of mock tests at the same time in a similar environment to the tests.
4. Have a support group helping you as you study.
5. I got a handful of pharm questions so I needed to know drug endings, classifications, classification side-effects, nursing interventions
Tools I liked: ATI, Hurst, Feuer, and Davis RN Success Book(I used the third edition)
ATI - used to test out of each section, and find weak areas
Feuer - used to go over content
Hurst - used to go over core content
Davis NCLEX RN Success (3rd Edition) - excellent for practicing questions in weak areas, and it has great rationales, and test taking strategies. Also has sufficient SATA questions.
La Charity - First 18 chapters for prioritization questions
There were several questions that I did not have the answer to, and but the main thing was understanding my basics
so I could fiqure out the answer(s).