feeling down in the dumps! failed nclex several times - page 2
by leto77 2,420 Views | 14 Comments
hi can anyone share with me some words of inspiration I too was a good student and have been out of school for two years with no luck of passing. I took Kaplan , paid a tutor, still no luck i try to pray. I dont want to lose my... Read More
- 0Oct 17, '12 by leto77Thankyou for your input. I too have two children, one of which is special needs. I know what it's like, believe me. I do feel much better today and I'm gonna get back to it. Did you use any other materials that you think wre key to success? any suggestion is helpful! Thanks again!
- 0Oct 17, '12 by Bluerose93Hi! I'm reading the Hurst review materials I have right now from my previous review with them on February this year. I purchased their online review for $300 and have 3 months access to their videos.The only thing is I only used it for less than a month because I have to take my exam on the same month. But you can always ask for the Hurst team to extend your online review with them after the 3 months have passed which I hope you will not do it because you will make it this time.For me I paid $50 for another month of access to their online video lectures because I did not pass the first time with them.Their online review is great and really tackles on the core content.The 5th day materials they have is also helpful and you have one year to access.Also I'm using the NCLEX Review 4000...God bless and good luck to you too!
- 0Oct 17, '12 by Nurseceline2012I know it might be hard, but if was in your situation I would at least take a week or two off from studying just to get a mental break for now and come back strong.
I used Mary Ann Hogan ( very detail), Lacharity PDA, Hurst and a little book I borrowed from the library called "nursing, the ultimate study guide (gives you exactly what you need to know). I studied the lab values, teaching for each procedure, put things in order. You can email me on this site then I'll give my private email address
I'll help you!!
- 1Oct 19, '12 by Yownyownleto77,
Hi! I am sorry to hear that. I know how it feels when you received a report card of NCLEX saying that you did'nt make it, I do understand how you are feeling right now because I've been on your shoes before. I failed my first attempt last Dec.2011, i literally experienced the DABDA stage and that's one of the saddest Christmas for me. I took myself a break after receiving the news, i assessed myself, my strengths and weaknesses on the different nursing topics. I ask the Lord to show me the right way to success and where did i go wrong.
I graduated 2009, meaning im out of school for about 3 years and im taking the biggest exam that will change bum life. I shutdown myself for 5 freaking months and voila! its all worth it i passed my exam recently (Sept2012). Since im out of school for 3 years, i focused first on the content then the remaining months i answered lots of practice questions. Everynight, i say a little prayer and pray novena.
On my report card on my first try, i only have 1 above passing, 2 near passing and the rest below passing. I want you to know that do not lose hope. I dare you not to give up on your dreams, have faith and be determined. I know and I believe that you are a fighter and you can do this. Actually, the fact that you created that thread, that you are asking about tips/experiences is a good sign already! Because you have this awareness and this means that you are ready to the next level.
I wish you all the best and may Godbless you! Goodluck on the review and on the exam.
- 0Oct 19, '12 by mon00707Our Nursing program had us use ATI program and I thought it helpled greatly to prepare for the NCLEX. I have done some Kaplan questions but I think the ATI's were more helpful. Keep doing questions! I honestly didnt know half of the questions on the Nclex but it's all in how you answer the questions. You really have to learn how to answer them even if you don't know the answer.