New Grad RN with interview at Children's Mercy needs helpRegister Today!
- by tarabrooke77 Oct 26, '09Hi, I am soon to be a new grad RN and just received an interview with Children's Mercy for the NICU. I have wanted this specific hospital/ department for ever and I am REALLY excited. Does anyone know what to expect as far as the interview goes? I was planning on wearing a black pants suit, is this appropriate? Should I bring a copy of my resume? Any other advice? Thanks so much.
- Oct 26, '09 by llgYes, the suit sounds very appropriate and yes, bring copies of your resume.
I don't know the details of the interview style at that particular hospital ... but if you do a search of this site, you will find lots of threads about interviews in general.
- Oct 26, '09 by shoegalRNIf you make it past the HR initial interview, you may be a good candidate. I hear Childern's Mercy is a very hard place to get employed and their HR department is notorious for screening candidates before allowing them to meet the nurse manager.
I work with a girl who had an interview with them for the PICU prior to graduating nursing school. She spent 2 hours alone with HR being interviewed by 2 people before she was allowed to meet the nurse manager. She didnt get hired.
I have another classmate who did get hired for the OR at Childern's, she spent 3 hours in HR prior to being taken to the OR manager. She did spent another 2 hours getting interviewed by a panel of people in the OR. Needless to say, she quit during orientation (OR nursing was NOT for her).
- Jul 9, '12 by Ghette13I realize this is an old thread ,but was curious what the outcome was?
- Aug 24, '12 by ercastro2Hi,
I see this is an older post, but I just received a call to do a phone interview for the NICU with Mercy Springfield. Wondering if anyone can give any advice. I've been checking out thier web site but was wondering if there were any other tid bits out there that could give me a bit of a leg up.
This would be a dream job for me. I'm desperate to get into a NICU and this place seems wonderful! Any advice would be much appreciated