LPN lay-offs in Missouri?????????Register Today!
- by ExAirBagRN Nov 22, '08Hi all-
I came across a post in the LPN forum that said that there have been lay-offs in Missouri, but it did not say specifically what city.....I pm'd the OP, but am yet to hear back....Can anyone confirm what city these lay-offs happened?
Thanks in advance!!
Dawn, LPN in Kansas City
- Jan 9, '09 by shhnackI know Joplin has been hit pretty hard!
- Jan 9, '09 by ExAirBagRNThanks for the reply!
I've been an LPN at Truman since September and am a little nervous...............Our CEO has "promised"
that there will be no lay-offs, however, the hospital keeps chipping away from us. Each time I go into work there is another email regarding how the company is cutting costs directly from our pay....Just waiting for the other shoe to drop....
- Jan 10, '09 by shhnackSorry to hear that, can I give you some advice, not that you asked of course. But anyways, I am currently looking for employment as an LPN and I cannot, literally cannot find work as an LPN. LPN positions are so scarce it seems that I think alot of applicants are applying for very little jobs for LPNs there are. So, my advice, start looking around for another job, just for job security, or tell your boss that you would be interested in functioning at some other level, such as tech or unit secretary before they lay off altogether. I'm not trying to scare you but I can sense the shortage of jobs available as I hunt without success. Anyways, good luck!
- Jan 10, '09 by ExAirBagRNGreat minds think alike! Hehehe
I am starting a PRN position on Tuesday at a clinical research facility in addition to Truman, just to cover my bases............