Eagle RockRegister Today!
- by tshores Sep 18, '03Planning to build a home and move to Eagle Rock shortly--was wondering about the hospitals within commuting distance. You know, which ones are good to work for, pay and benefits, etc. My specialty is CVICU and SICU. I thought about working in Rogers, AR, because it's only about 50 miles but the highway is so curvy (and the only route I know takes me right through Eureka Springs) it takes nearly 2 hours to drive! Of course, maybe I could find a hospital that will let me work a week on, a week off--and just stay around there during my work week. Anybody familiar with any of the hospitals around Eagle Rock area? Any suggestions?
- 1,254 Views
- Sep 19, '03 by kathyannTrella, I had to do a double take when I saw your name My Mother's name is Trealla, and I have never known anyone with a name even that close to hers!
I live in Southwest Missouri, and would Branson be close enough to commute from Eagle Rock?
Skaggs Hospital in Branson is very progressive and growing, and I understand the bay and benefits there to be pretty good for this area
- Sep 19, '03 by tshoresActually, I was named after my dad's girlfriend from his junior high school days--but he was in his 40's when I was born, so Mom didn't care.
That's really good news about Skaggs--the real estate agent up there (around Kimberling City) said they don't pay anything, so I wasn't really even considering them. I know I won't be able to take a huge pay cut after building a house...but I'll check Skaggs out. Thanks for the info!
- Nov 11, '03 by SkoenlaperHey Trella,
did you ever check out Skaggs Hospital in Branson? I just moved here- living in shell knob right now. Which is about a 45min to 1 hour drive. I have worked in 7 different states and many different hospitals and other facilities in 12 years as an LPN and at Skaggs I am making much more than most other places that I have worked or if not more it is more for the cost of living here. About the only place I have made more was in California but the cost of living was so much higher there that the higher pay did not even make up for that. Just thought I would let you know
- Nov 11, '03 by tshoresHey, thanks for the information! That would be a lot closer to me--just across the lake--or should I say around the lake--from me. It's nice to hear from the two of you that it's a nice hospital, too. Maybe they've upgraded their pay scale, or maybe the information I got before was just wrong. Maybe I'll get to meet you some day!