Eagle RockRegister Today!
- by tshores Sep 18, '03Planning to build a home and move to Eagle Rock shortly--was wondering about the hospitals within commuting distance. You know, which ones are good to work for, pay and benefits, etc. My specialty is CVICU and SICU. I thought about working in Rogers, AR, because it's only about 50 miles but the highway is so curvy (and the only route I know takes me right through Eureka Springs) it takes nearly 2 hours to drive! Of course, maybe I could find a hospital that will let me work a week on, a week off--and just stay around there during my work week. Anybody familiar with any of the hospitals around Eagle Rock area? Any suggestions?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=44796©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,226 Views
- Sep 19, '03 by kathyannTrella, I had to do a double take when I saw your name My Mother's name is Trealla, and I have never known anyone with a name even that close to hers!
I live in Southwest Missouri, and would Branson be close enough to commute from Eagle Rock?
Skaggs Hospital in Branson is very progressive and growing, and I understand the bay and benefits there to be pretty good for this area
- Sep 19, '03 by tshoresActually, I was named after my dad's girlfriend from his junior high school days--but he was in his 40's when I was born, so Mom didn't care.
That's really good news about Skaggs--the real estate agent up there (around Kimberling City) said they don't pay anything, so I wasn't really even considering them. I know I won't be able to take a huge pay cut after building a house...but I'll check Skaggs out. Thanks for the info!
- Nov 11, '03 by SkoenlaperHey Trella,
did you ever check out Skaggs Hospital in Branson? I just moved here- living in shell knob right now. Which is about a 45min to 1 hour drive. I have worked in 7 different states and many different hospitals and other facilities in 12 years as an LPN and at Skaggs I am making much more than most other places that I have worked or if not more it is more for the cost of living here. About the only place I have made more was in California but the cost of living was so much higher there that the higher pay did not even make up for that. Just thought I would let you know
- Nov 11, '03 by tshoresHey, thanks for the information! That would be a lot closer to me--just across the lake--or should I say around the lake--from me. It's nice to hear from the two of you that it's a nice hospital, too. Maybe they've upgraded their pay scale, or maybe the information I got before was just wrong. Maybe I'll get to meet you some day!