Anyone else here going to PARK University this year?!! - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 17, '08 by DelanaRNQuote from abay325Hey there!! I went to Cass Career Center too!! I just graduated on June 21st. Took the NCLEX July 9th and found out I passed on July 11th!! The Cass Program is EXCEPTIONAL. The instructors are fabulous. I will tell you that you get out of it what you put into it. They will tell you as you go along in your studies that the goal is to pass the NCLEX, but you won't actually "get it" until you receive your ATT letter (auth to test for the NCLEX)....then you will be like "Holy crap!" It's an accelerated program and you will spend many hours studying and preparing, but last year, they had a 100 percent pass rate and this year, so far everyone that has taken the NCLEX has passed as well. Also, everyone that went through the Cass Program and made it through who applied to Park and took the tests and completed entry requirements was accepted. I can't tell you how much that speaks for the Cass Program. Ms. Timmons, Mrs. Wesemann, Mrs. Ripley, Mrs. Meyer....wonderful nurses and wonderful women. Listen to them. They will teach you so much. Try to enjoy the year in LPN school as much as possible. You will make some lifelong friendships and memories you won't soon forget. I would like to stay in touch with you and see how your year at CCC goes if you don't mind. Send my love to the instructors...I think they will remember me. LOLCongrats on getting accepted into Park! That's where I hope to be Aug. 09. I begin my LPN program Aug. 4th at Cass Career Center and cannot wait! I am finally glad to get the ball rolling on my nursing career
- Jul 17, '08 by abay325I will be sure to do that! I would love to keep in touch with you. I am curious to know how Park works out for you. You can be my go-to gal when I get discouraged I am planning on working Three nights a week waiting tables during the school year. Is that something I will be able to manage while devoting enough time to my studies?
- Jul 17, '08 by DelanaRNQuote from abay325I don't know if you can manage to work three nights a week or not. Do you have children? My husband and I have four kids, my husband is active duty army and works a bunch of hours, and I also worked part time (albeit - very part time) and managed. However, on the nights of clinicals you will NOT be able to work, especially on Monday nights before Tuesday clinicals. You will have several hours of paperwork to do prior to Tuesday's clinical (which often begins at 530 or 6 AM) and you will have to know the information as well, so that when they quiz you on it prior to allowing you on the hospital floor, you won't be sent home from lack of knowledge. It's all about patient safety. You need to know your patient's pathophys, the drugs they are prescribed (why, when, how much, side effects, etc), previous medical history, etc. You won't have to worry about clinicals until around December though. You will have homework. Do it as it will not only help your grade, but aid in the learning process. If you can get through ALL the Med Term and A&P tests prior to full time classes beginning, do it!! It will improve your GPA (as those two classes/tests are EASY) and it will lighten your load come August. At the very least, have all your chapter work done for those two classes. Read the chapters thoroughly. Those two classes will help you in creating a good foundation.I will be sure to do that! I would love to keep in touch with you. I am curious to know how Park works out for you. You can be my go-to gal when I get discouraged I am planning on working Three nights a week waiting tables during the school year. Is that something I will be able to manage while devoting enough time to my studies?
Anyway, please do keep in touch. We can talk about CCC and Park. I'm really going to miss my CCC instructors.
- Jul 17, '08 by amanduuhWell I wish you luck! If you need any support or have questions lemme know! Support from everyone around you will make a world of difference. It will go by so fast I promise! It doesn't feel like it then but you will look back and be like wow. You'll do great!
- Jul 18, '08 by abay325thanks for the insight! No i don't have any children. I am planning on working thurs and friday nights and sunday afternoons that way the majority of my week is focused on school. i am thinking if that you survived with four kids than i should have no problem props to you thats impressive. I am actually headed out that direction to knock out a med term and a&p test today.
- Jul 19, '08 by DelanaRNQuote from amanduuhAmanda, Did you do okay on the NCLEX? Are you ready for Park? Class starts in just over a week?! Can you believe it? I am on vacation right now, but when I get back to Missouri, I will be getting all my ducks in a row for sure!! Can't wait to meet you!Well I wish you luck! If you need any support or have questions lemme know! Support from everyone around you will make a world of difference. It will go by so fast I promise! It doesn't feel like it then but you will look back and be like wow. You'll do great!
- Jan 3, '09 by cassidynormanHello! I was wondering if any of you who have already been to Park or are currently preparing to go can tell me a little bit about the schedule there. How many hours a day and how many days a week? Just trying to see if I can rearrange a work schedule around the school.