Anyone attending cox college - page 4
6,536 Views | 52 Comments
I was wondering if anyone on here is going to cox college nursing program. :heartbeat... Read More
- 0Jan 3, '13 by CamwillQuote from committedThey are open tomorrow. You should call admission just to make sure you have everything you need.
Oh I don't know that there is an open house this month. I did the admission last spring semester, all I am waiting is my transcript from OTC and submit it and I hope I'll get accepted. Are they open this Jan. 7? Do I need to pay another fee for application?
- 0Feb 10 by kjbowserHi! I'm wanting to apply to the accelerated nursing program at cox. I have my bachelor's and master's in psychology. I graduated from them in 2007 and 2011. Does anyone know what pre-reqs I will need to take? I have taken psychology (undergrad- took in 2003), human biology (undergrad-took in 2007), sociology (undergrad- took in 2006), human development (grad- took in 2007), stats (grad- took in 2007). For sure I will need to take chemistry, microbiology, and pathophysiology. And i'm guessing nutrition and human physiology. Will my other classes cover the other pre-reqs (psych, human anatomy, life span development, and stats) or are they too old?
Also where is the best place to do the pre-reqs and how long will it take to get them done? Is it realistic for me to start the program Spring of 2015? Or will it more likely not happen until 2016 because of the pre-reqs I need to take? Also, how do I go about starting the process? Do I contact cox first about applying and then take my pre-reqs or do I just take the pre-reqs and hope that I will get accepted when I apply later? Sorry, for all the questions. I have no idea what I am doing!
- 0Jul 8 by Sid10I am starting Cox College BSN program January '15. How is the Cox College BSN program compared to MSU BSN program? How are the classes, and the grades at COX College. I went to MSU college but I transferred to COX college BSN program due to some personal problem. So I wanted to get some feedback about the BSN program at Cox College. My ultimate goal is to become Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, and GPA is an important thing. How is the grading and classes at BSN program of Cox College, if anyone of you have went to Cox College please give me some feedback. Thank you!
- 1Jul 8 by CamwillWell from the students that came from MSU that I talked to said their grading started at 70% as a C at cox 75% is passing. I believe they (msu) thought that test and grading wasn't that bad. Cox is challenging and 74.99% will cause you to fail. I can't honestly tell you if the actual courses are comparable. Good luck to you! Congrats on starting nursing school!
- 0Jul 9 by Sid10How did you find the education system at COX college, is it doable to get A's if you study hard. I have 4.0 gpa at all the pre-med science and math classes that I took at Msu and wants to good in studies at nursing school. So I could get into anesthesit Program after completing nursing program. Thank you for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it.
- 1Jul 9 by CamwillQuote from Sid10Well I will tell you now I was in the ASN program and most of us were 4.0 students and majority of the class came out around the 3.5 gpa. There were a few that came out with 4.0 maybe 3. I was at a 3.8. We started with 42 students and I believe only 28 graduated from my original class. We had students that had chemistry, statistic, and other degrees that had a hard time with test. They are changing somethings in the program so I am not sure how that will affect your grades. I do know you will come out prepared to be a RN and pass NCLEX. I passed the first time in a little over 40 minutes and 75 questions ( personally I thought it was challenging but felt it wasn't hard because they prepared me). Which if you do not pass NCLEX you will have a hard time becoming a RN. I think you should focus on being a good student and a good nurse. Impress your clinical instructors and nurse mangers so that you can get hired in the department you want like the icu. (Make sure you are positive, team worker, and willing to learn...not an individual or know it all) Also if you are lucky enough to get offer a job at Cox for critical cluster take it. The mercy icu residency program is not comparable. (As a class we are comparing...the ones that got hired at either hospital) While you are at Cox become an ambassador if possible and join sga or sna or both. Sit on as many committees as possible. I have gotten into my masters program because of that with great ease...it is nice when the president of the school writes letters of recommendations for you and they are good because he really knows you and has worked with you on several projects. I have seen several students with 3.0 get into CRNA school. They look for the whole package. I just finished 3 twelves so I am really tired and hope this makes since. Please write any questions you may have and good luck!How did you find the education system at COX college, is it doable to get A's if you study hard. I have 4.0 gpa at all the pre-med science and math classes that I took at Msu and wants to good in studies at nursing school. So I could get into anesthesit Program after completing nursing program. Thank you for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it.