Are there any Excelsior nurses in Mississippi - page 3
by dkhrbh | 8,975 Views | 33 Comments
I am thinkning about going through EC for my RN degree. Has anyone from Mississippi gone through EC? Was it hard to get endorsed through MS?... Read More
- 0Jan 13, '10 by WEST1014, RN,BSNQuote from nursingstudent1231As of today...7 (all of them). Just got my updated reported that I "passed the FCCA." My last hurdle is the hardest one, the CPNE---scared to death; but I haven't come this far to freak out. I studied like a mad woman to finish quickly. Now I just have to figure out how in the world I'll pay for the thing (lol). I did get a scholarship from Excelsior though. That will help a lot.How many test have you completed through excelsior?
- 0Jan 13, '10 by WEST1014, RN,BSNQuote from 7out_to_nursingIt depends on how you pay...I was in the "packaged priced" option. So, my total cost including the CPNE and all the practice exams, and the FCCA, and graduation fee is 3,450. Then after I subtract scholarships it won't even be that much. Well, I'll have to figure it up later; because I forgot I'll have to probably pay for plane tickets/hotel for the CPNE.what are the cost for excelsior?
- 0Jan 14, '10 by WEST1014, RN,BSNQuote from nursingstudent1231I enrolled 9/25/09. There's a lady who says she wants to buy the stuff; if she doesn't pay...I'll let you know. PM me, I'll tell you what I have for your first exam, etc...That is great!!! I know you are excited to be almost done! How long did it take you? I am also planning on studying and getting it done as quickly as possible. Do you have all of your books and study material?.Last edit by sirI on Jan 15, '10
- 0Jan 15, '10 by nursingstudent1231I have alot of books from my friend who's mother taught RN school. I have been reading alot of different sites. did you purchase the notes from mystudygroup101... It is so awesome that you finished so quickly... congrats. Good luck with studying for cpne. where did you go for lpn school.Last edit by sirI on Jan 15, '10
- 0Jan 15, '10 by WEST1014, RN,BSNQuote from nursingstudent1231I got a lot of stuff from SG101, EPN, Mosby's, Saunder's, College Network books (although I did NOT go through the college network), etc...I have alot of books from my friend who's mother taught RN school. I have been reading alot of different sites. did you purchase the notes from mystudygroup101... It is so awesome that you finished so quickly... congrats. Good luck with studying for cpne. where did you go for lpn school.
Piece of advice, take Health Safety asap. It's basically stuff from LPN school. You can pass it without even studying. The courses really don't get hard until you reach the ones titled "lifespan." They are pretty tough.
I went to Hinds CC
- 0Jan 15, '10 by WEST1014, RN,BSNQuote from nursingstudent1231I want to take Lynn's workshop in Jackson next month; however...money is an issue (a big one-lol). I have not been able to find a full time job. I have had some PRN gigs, but nothing stable. You have no idea how many times I heard: "Oh, we were looking for someone with at least 2-3 years exp." They have tons of jobs (descent paying) for RNs, but not much for LPNs.are you doing any workshops for your cpne