New Salary rates in MississippiRegister Today!
- by tullosrn2010 May 18, '08I am just beginning my journey through nursing school, but i was just wondering what the going pay rate is for a new graduate RN at most hospitals throughout mississippi..I am from laurel, so im most interested in hospitals near here.(hattiesburg, laurel, meridian) but I am most likely goin to move to jackson after I graduate so info from that area would be great!!
- May 20, '08 by southernbelle08I'm from North Mississippi and the only places I looked at around here had base pay of $18.75 and then the other was $20.00, I believe. I ended up taking a job in Tennessee. Good luck!!
- May 24, '08 by ibmaryannTupelo, MS New Grad hospital pay is $20.00 plus shift diff.
- Oct 1, '11 by loqueroRecently started as an RN in Meridian (but not at one of the major Med-Surg hospitals). Work in acute mental health. I had zero experience and starting base rate was 20/hr. then night and weekend diffs are 2 and 3 more an hour (which is a drastic difference if you only work nights or weekends, or in my case, Baylor (I am a night person so am glad to work nights) so essentially am starting@25/hr)... so if shift diffs are good and you are willing to work at those times, you can boost it a good bit.
- Mar 29, '12 by LaurenNicoleRNTry to get on with Regency Hospital..they were taken over by Select Medical corporation, but they pay more than hospitals anywhere in MS...my starting pay with them was $4 an hour more than the base pay at the hospitals. Good luck!