Meridian MS RN payRegister Today!
- by shen Nov 8, '05Hello I am moving to Meridian MS and I wanted to see what were the best hospitals and the starting pay for RN with BSN. I have a interview next week at Rush Hospital and wanted to get an idea what to expect. I will have 5 months experience in Med Surg when I move in January. Currently living in Georgia and make 18.86+diff( working nights making $21 on weekdays and about 22-23 on weekends)
- 1,948 Views
- Feb 1, '06 by dcastlewoodWhat did you find out at the interview?
- Feb 3, '06 by dweezilI'd be interested also in how the interview went and you're over feelings about the hospital and community. I'm up north and considering a southern move. I have lots of family in Biloxi, Gulfport, Vancleave, etc., but don't want to be that close to the coast. I was there in Oct. and saw Katrina's aftermath and it was just heartbreaking.
- Feb 8, '06 by mannaI hear Rush starts new grads out about $16.50/hr + $1/hr for BSN + shift diff for nights/weekends. I only know this because a gal in my class is planning to go to work there. Sorry, I have no idea about their experience RN pay, though.
I've heard that Neshoba General (in Philadelphia, MS) pays better. They start out their new grads at $21/hr but I don't know about other benefits. I've also heard not such great things about their staffing - but I do know their ER nurses like it... My bro is one of the MDs that works there.
- Feb 8, '06 by mannaOops, didn't realize this was such an old post! Sorry for the VERY late reply.