LPN to RN bridge programs in Mississippi
- 0Feb 2, '08 by lvnhopefulI am a California LVN student who will graduate in July of this year. After graduating, I would be interested in entering a bridge to RN program and was wondering if anyone could tell me if Mississippi offers LPN to RN bridge programs. I looked on the Internet but didn't find anything, which may just mean I didn't look hard enough
My daughter and her family live in Fulton, so I would like to enter a program in that area, or maybe in Tupelo.
Thankyou for any help you can offer me.
If there is anything else you think I might be interested in, please feel free to include that information as well. I have never been to Mississippi and appreciate any and all advice!Last edit by lvnhopeful on Feb 2, '08 : Reason: Want to ask for more information
- 9,716 Visits
- 1Feb 9, '08 by wan2banrseNmsNortheast MS community college has an ADN program and Itawamba (in fulton and tupelo) has a program. I think they all offer a bridge program. Here is a link to Itawamba CC.
Hope this helps
- 0Feb 9, '08 by lvnhopefulYes, they do have an advanced placement program in place, called a bridge program here.
Thanks for giving me the link
Applicants who are Licensed Practical Nurses may be given advanced placement into NUR 1129 by meeting the following criteria:
- Meet the requirements for program admission.
- Score 78 percent or higher on the challenge exam on NUR 1119 and NUR 1111. Only one attempt to challenge is allowed.
- Successfully demonstrate competency in selected nursing skills from NUR 1119.