St Kate's Post Bac AdmissionsRegister Today!
- by mollysdirtysprocket Jun 4, '09Hey, anyone know how many people applied for St Kates post bac program this year vs how many will get in? Anyone heard back yet?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=397738©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,816 Views
- Jun 7, '09 by amyamyI have no idea how many applied, but when I went to the information session on Feb. 14, they said they had 95 applications in at that point, and 38 students will be accepted. There were a lot of people at the session who hadn't submitted their applications yet, so I assume they ended up with a lot more applicants than 95.
I haven't heard anything from them yet.
- Jun 17, '09 by MET001Are you referring to the night/weekend program? I think usually they have a couple hundred applicants. I just called to check on timelines for decisions, and they said they aren't making final decisions until the 1st week of July, so notifications would be sent out after that. Ugh!
- I got in!!! WOOT! Do any of you know the practical difference between their "post-bac certificate program" and a regular BSN? I wonder how it would be looked out out of the MN area... Do you think you could continue on to a master's program with this degree?
- Toots--3.5 ugrad and 4 in the prereqs I already have (5) Toots, looks like I can't yet send private messages. yeah, i don't think they will tell you over the phone regardless- but I think it is a good sign--last year, they started sending the 'no' letters early-- like early June. I just got the letter yesterday, so sit tight, and good luck!
- Jun 28, '09 by Toots71506Hi - thanks for the msg! I will sit tight but I'm very anxious and a wee bit stressed about it! Did you apply last year? Also, to answer your previous post, it's my understanding that a previous degree along with this certificate does qualify as an equivalent to a BSN so I would think you can get a masters after this. I think I asked the counselor about this.
- No, a friend of mine applied last year (and didn't make it). That's good news that the degrees are equivalent. But yeah, the wait is terrible! Ugh!
- Jul 1, '09 by amyamyHas anyone else heard back from St. Kate's yet?
- Jul 1, '09 by Future Nurse2BeStill anxiously checking the mailbox!!
- Jul 1, '09 by amyamyI just found out a friend of mine got a denial letter today - post marked 6/30.