New NurseRegister Today!
- by meganfilzen7 Oct 6, '12Hello, I am a new nurse who just moved to MN from NY. I am just starting my first job through Accurate Home Care. I was hoping some of you more experienced nurses could give me some advice. Working as a new nurse in a new state isn't easy.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=790744©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,850 Views
- Oct 8, '12 by dariahAhhhh I'm planning on moving from NY to MN as well. You'll have to let me know how things work out. My first project will be getting my MN license.
- Jan 6 by MinnRNJenI've had a lot of friends who worked for Accurate and still do, they seem to really like it. Just get through your first six months and breathe. A nurse at my first hospital job gave me great advice and told me that I was not allowed to judge myself at all for my first six months.
- Jan 6 by akaniniOh wow. I live in NY and always wondered how it would feel to move to another state. I wish you luck and I'm interested to hear more about this transition.Last edit by akanini on Jan 6
- Jan 6 by akaniniBest of luck on your new moveLast edit by akanini on Jan 6
- Mar 1 by KymHWillHi Megan,
It's funny, I know I am a few months late, but I am in a very similar situation. I just moved to the Twin Cities from Georgia this January. I got my MN license on 2-26 and I just got hired at Accurate today. If you're still there, how do you like it? And what office/region were you hired out of? I am in the MN-South. I start orientation/training next week. I hope you're adjusting to your big move well!
- Mar 5 by ephiemarieSorry for the thread jack here. I am considering applying at Accurate Home Care as well. Are they really as flexible with schedules as their website says they are? What is their starting hourly wage? What was the interview process like? Thanks!
- Apr 8 by KymHWillHey Steph,
I'm a month late, but I have been really happy with Accurate so far. They have been amazingly flexible with scheduling. Starting ranges roughly from $23.50 to $26.50 hourly, depending on the complexity of the patient. Interview process was pretty typical as far as questions go, and I was set up for training at the end of the interview. Hope I helped!