Minneapolis Community College
- 0Aug 19, '03 by brian AdminAre there any MCC grads or faculty out there? I graduated in '95 from the RN program, it would be interesting to see how many are out there.Last edit by brian on Aug 19, '03
- 4,613 Visits
- 0Sep 12, '03 by Greg RNI graduated from MCTC (formerly MCC) back in 2001. The RN program was pretty good--we had a diverse student population compared to a program like the U of M's. Was Lourdes teaching back in 1995? These days the waiting list to get into a nursing program in the Twin Cities is SOO long...Thank God I graduated when I did.
- 0Sep 20, '03 by RN-NYHi there!
I graduated from MCTC in 2000...Lourdes, Jeff, Teddy, Rita were some of the instructors I had and I owe them alot for being where I am today!
I miss being in Minnesota and my classmates as I moved to New York 2 years ago. But am slowly settling in.
So, how about some students who are currently at MCTC? Do join in!
- 0Feb 16, '04 by JaneMariePQuote from Greg RNWhat were the classes/clinicals/intructors like at MCTC? I'm thinkg about going through MCTC for the Mobility Nursing program?I graduated from MCTC (formerly MCC) back in 2001. The RN program was pretty good--we had a diverse student population compared to a program like the U of M's. Was Lourdes teaching back in 1995? These days the waiting list to get into a nursing program in the Twin Cities is SOO long...Thank God I graduated when I did.
- 0Mar 5, '04 by nurse luckyI graduated in '96. I would not hesitate to send anyone to MCC. I did the Lpn to RN route and they seemed to be a little harder on us. I loved Jeff at HCMC. I did all my clinicals there. I would have worked there, but they used to have mandatory OT! I passed like boards soooo easy, as did most of my classmates.
You can't beat it for the money! Some of my coworkers went to ST Cate's 2 year and old bijillions of loans. The waiting lists suck which is why I went lpn/rn in the 1st place. O/w it would have been 3 years to get in 1990! Plus there are lots of older students and alternative students. I like that as it's not suburban white bread 18 y.o.'s. Lots of single moms and people who really have empathy for each other. I LOVED IT!!!
- 0Mar 13, '10 by shix:-) Its so cool to read all this from former grads of MCTC. Well, I don't know if am better placed to comment anything yet (am ummm starting my CNA class in MCT on the 22nd of March) which am hoping will lead me into the RN and BSN eventually. But wow, if you are saying that there's usually a long waiting list to do Nursing, I wonder how long it will take to get me in?? So nice to hear nice remarks about the institution though. :-)Last edit by shix on Mar 13, '10 : Reason: typo