Mayo Summer III 2013 - Page 9Register Today!
- Jan 24 by ucstudentI applied to the Mayo Clinic for 2013's Summer III Externship. Under job status submission my application status states "Application in Review". I feel like that is not a good thing, according to people's comments from last year. Does anybody know if this status can change from "Application in Review" to "Interview"?
- Jan 24 by ucstudentDo you know if they are eliminating based on GPA as well? Is there a cut-off GPA that you know of?
- Jan 24 by meghansn@ucstudent
I'm not aware of a cut off GPA--from reading about the past years, it looks like they take very high GPAs though. As for your other question, I'm pretty sure everyone's application says "application in review"! That just means they're looking over everyone's applications before making a decision.
- Jan 25 by ucstudent@meghansn
Thanks I wish you the best of luck! And it would be amazing to get in, but I'm not counting on it based on the competitive nature of the program. My GPA is a 3.74, which seems on the lower spectrum of what they accept. All I can do is hope for the best expect the worse. But regardless of if we get into this program or not, there are MANY other summer externship opportunities. We will all be fine one way or another
- Jan 28 by DelusionsofgrandeurMy status changed to "Application in Review" today so based on last year, I'm guessing I got denied. ****.
- Jan 28 by MissRN2013Everyone's status starts in review....if you're accepted it later changes to interview..that's my understanding :-) Don't panic!! :-)
- Jan 29 by WeldonaHas anyone heard from mayo yet? I am so impatient!
- Jan 29 by meghansnNot yet! I'm so anxious to find out and move on if I didn't get a spot (but I'm really hoping I did!). Good luck, everyone!
- Jan 29 by MEHengnot yettt. but i got so nervous and started rereading my essays and resume..and i found that i spelled something obviously wrong..hopefully they won't notice it..or it's not a big deal. does any one know for sure when we'll find out?
- Jan 29 by MissRN2013Has anyone's application status changed?