Mayo Summer III 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 5 by UMnurse310For those of you that applied, did you include a cover letter?? I wasn't going to, but I'm rethinking it now.
Also, on your resume, did anyone include clinical experience? I currently have it on there, but was thinking of taking it off.
I'm almost done. Just have to finish my essays!!
- Jan 5 by UMnurse310Also, one more question. How did everyone format their essays? Single spaced or double spaced? Thanks!
- Jan 5 by studentpuut56My first essay is three pages...I hope that's okay. LOL But I did double spaced! And I didn't include my clinical experience in my resume...
- Jan 5 by bohl9245You should include your clinical experience on your resume
- Jan 6 by WeldonaFor the cover letter, does anyone know how to format it such as to who it is addressed to and what address? Or do we not have to include that since it is not actually being mailed
- Jan 6 by zeeconnHi everybody! Just wondering for those who are including a cover letter, are you going to include your areas of interest? Or should that just be included when you fill out the online application part?
- Jan 9 by Jani28Hello everyone!!
Where are you guys all from? I am from Wisconsin--going to nursing school at Bellin College in Green Bay. I recently applied earlier in December. I attached a cover letter and also indicated my clinical experience in my resume. My 1st question essay was 1 page, and the 2nd was 2 pages. I wanted to be precise and to the point. This seems like such a great opportunity. My GPA is not where I would like it to be ideally, as it sounds the same as some of the other comments. This program seems so competitive, but worth the while! As many others agree, I too hope they do not weigh heavily on GPAs. Good luck everyone!
- Jan 9 by UMnurse310I'm from Grand Rapids, MI but at school in Ann Arbor at the University of Michigan. I love nursing school, but I'm so ready to graduate and start working!!
My first essay is about 2 pages double spaced, and my second essay is about 2-3 pages double spaced, I'm not quite finished yet.
I'm working on my cover letter right now - I am including a few of my interests, but also including a little of my experience as well as some of my strengths. I've actually never had to write a cover letter before, so this should be interesting...
My GPA is also not where I would like it to be, so we shall see...
- Jan 11 by MissRN2013lol oh my goodness! I bet our GPAs aren't even bad!! It would be awesome if we all got in and got to know each other through this unique experience!! How's everyone doing?