LPN jobs & long term care?Register Today!
- by sandiegoblues Oct 3, '11Looks like we may be heading that way soon. In San Diego now. Just passed the lpn nclex here. Looking to work in LTC. Can anyone give me a ballpark for hourly wages? LPNS here in CA with no experience start out at about $18-20/hr. Also, is it hard to get hired up there as an LPN? It's very hard down here as there are so many lpn programs here. Very over saturated.
- Oct 6, '11 by lukeslichyI'm not an expert on this, but I'll let you know what I know since no one else has answered yet.
From what I can tell is LPN's up here generally work in LTC. There are not many hospital jobs for LPNs. The wage for LPNs in our facility is $14-$16 an hour. I live a little bit south of the metro. The RNs at the LTC unit I work at start at $20-$22 an hour. My mom is an RN and works at the U of MN, I've heard the same thing from her, most hospitals hire RNs now. That's the small amount of info that I know... Good luck!
- Oct 6, '11 by sandiegobluesThanks. Exactly what I expected.
- Nov 2, '11 by jolynn85I have worked in LTC as LPN and my first job I when I only had CNA/TMA expirence I made 18.25/hr on pms in a smaller town then trasfered to a LTC near Minneapolis and made 19.25/hr on day shift. Most recently I have been working as a charge nurse on noc shift and make 21.25/hr. It is somewhat challenging to find work but I have found the best results via craigslists, indeed.com/careerbuilder.com and just cold calling places(many positions open at various times and are not online as quickly as one would hope)
Best of luck to you!
- Nov 2, '11 by jolynn85I have found golden living to be a good company.I submit online resumes but also call the places I want to work at(some also except in person applications) and find out what hours I should go in to fill out the application and have occasionally gotten to speak with someone in staffing and be reffered to a recuriter. Extendicare is another company I have worked for, they have locals all around mn.