HELP... Interviewed but no call from RN Recruiter!!!!Register Today!
- by lovesICU Feb 10, '11I think to say I am TIRED OF WAITING is an understatment. I am a new grad as of a couple of months ago. Lucky for me I got an interview at Grady Hospital (yayyy), but my waiting still continues. I interviewed almost 3 weeks ago and my status online says "I am being considered"... do I call, do I go up there, do I accept another job (really don't want to), or do I wait?!?!?! Does anyone know the timeframe or procedure?? Pls help...I'm hyperventilating and tachycardic over here
- Feb 10, '11 by ckh23I don't think there is any real time frame because they are most likely interviewing multiple candidates for the position. However, it doesn't hurt to follow up to let them know you are still interested and to find out if the position has been filled. I wouldn't rely on what you read online because it is only as recent as the last time someone from HR updated it.
- Feb 11, '11 by sunnycalifRNI don't know anything about Grady Hospital but I know that when a New Grad program opened where I work, there were thousands of apps for 32 positions . . . I read about folks on this board waiting 6 months to hear anything.
But, you can always call them . . . unfortunately, you will get something like . . . " We have multiple applicants for the position . . . your application is being reviewed . . . thank you for your interest."
- Feb 11, '11 by ICURN13If it would ease your nerves a little, call just to follow up and let them know that you are still very interested in the job that you interviewed for. It never hurts to ask! Good luck!
- Feb 27, '11 by eaRNedGrady Memorial in Atlanta? I have been looking at hospitals in the Atlanta area. I actually interviewed for a position in my current hospital for an ICU position and it has been 2 1/2 weeks and I JUST got an email concerning a follow-up phone call/interview. Apparently they do not get in a hurry with making a decision.
- Feb 27, '11 by lovesICUWow, I would think the turn around time from interview to training would be a lot quicker due to this "nursing shortage" we all talk about. Thank God I finally got through and am happy, happy, happy. Hang in there, it will happen eventually!!!! It most be a really long process... not to mention the workload and billions of resumes and then there's the red tape. Good luck
- Feb 27, '11 by jcoQuote from lovesICUYou must call!I think to say I am TIRED OF WAITING is an understatment. I am a new grad as of a couple of months ago. Lucky for me I got an interview at Grady Hospital (yayyy), but my waiting still continues. I interviewed almost 3 weeks ago and my status online says "I am being considered"... do I call, do I go up there, do I accept another job (really don't want to), or do I wait?!?!?! Does anyone know the timeframe or procedure?? Pls help...I'm hyperventilating and tachycardic over here
It happened to me too. I has an intereview for a part-time RN job before Xmas. They told me they will call me in January to let me know. I waited till beginning of Feb still heard nothing. So I picked up the phone and called them. Only then I was told the manager has now got the budget to look for a full time RN instead.
Call them and best of luck!
- Apr 26, '11 by DeeterminedI too am waiting on a call back from the recruiter to Grady. The interviewer said she wanted me for the position, she introduced me to staff saying that i would be working there...It has been about a week and still nothing. I want to know what's going on..I think I'll call tomorrow