University of Michigan (UofM) Accelerated program - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 6, '09 by parrisdid anyone submit there $200 deposit yet? if so were you able to sign up for an orientation date right away (or get any more info) or does that all come latter?
- Feb 6, '09 by Sophia126I applied to U of M's 2nd career program in September (although my application wasn't marked as complete until October) and I just heard back from them today saying I was accepted!! I'm very excited, but right now I don't know if I'm going to be able to afford to go. I'm having an issue with getting in state tuition, and the out of state tuition is SO EXPENSIVE. I'm going to call tomorrow to talk to an advisor about financial aid, but right now I'm just happy that I was accepted :-) :-)
Oh, and in case anyone is curious, my B.A. is in Asian Studies, and my undergraduate GPA was 3.8. I have some experience as a CNA, but I had just received my CNA certification when I filled out the application so I didn't have any work experience yet.
- Feb 6, '09 by parrisCongrats!!! Good luck with the financial aid. I am waiting to hear back from someone about how to go about getting the financial aid. Hope it all works out for you.
- Feb 9, '09 by JustJane2008Waiting list?? I knew theres no more room! I just called today and was told they usually accept 65 students. And applicants hear back in at least 12 weeks. Wow, I guess I should not be expecting to get in at all since I applied about 2 weeks ago. Their deadline should really be 8/1
- Feb 9, '09 by JustJane2008If its not too much trouble, can someone post a link to the Wolverine system? Thanks :-)
- Feb 9, '09 by msnice1how many of you that have gotten into UofM have completed all of the prereq classes?
- Feb 10, '09 by 320Nurse320Yea, there is a waiting list and unfortunately I am on it. I know although they do rolling admissions I am sure they rank people too so you may still have a chance of getting in. They said that I was a strong candidate but there were obviously people with better grades than me. Their reason was a lot of people have already said yes to the offer, they want to see how grades will pan out, that kind of stuff. I wish you luck! I hope that I still have a change of getting in from the wait list. I'm on the wait list for both U of M and MSU.
- Feb 10, '09 by JustJane2008Thanks msnice--I found the site too, I just have to get a friend ID since I dont currently go to UMich.
Thanks also nurse320. Good luck to you too! I think that being on two waitlists is a really good chance of gaining admission into at least one program. I'm not even on one waitlist! Apply to as many programs as possible--thats the lesson Im learning the hard way.
Hm, had I known about the rolling admissions, I would have applied much much sooner--the info I got off the website was outdated I guess. All well.
- Feb 10, '09 by serenity124Hello!!!! Did anyone else that got in get the e-mail yesterday from School of Nursing?!?!? It said that there will be preview days in Feb/Mar and that invitations would be sent soon. I can't wait!
I think somebody asked earlier, but, no I haven't finished all my prereq's yet. I am taking Patho and org/bio Chem this semster and have pharmacology in the spring.
Also, somebody said they are going to let in 65 people????? They had originally said, a year ago, that only 56 people get in....I wonder if they added more spots. Anyways, I can't send private messages, but, can receive them if anyone else that's gotten in wants to talk!