Shadow a nurseRegister Today!
- by jenni82104 Oct 31, '06Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how I could go about shadowing a nurse. I am a little lost on how to do this, do I call the HR dept of the local hospital, or is it better to try to get in contact with a nurse manager?
- Oct 31, '06 by RRTtoRNI'd call the nurse manager 1st. She/He'll let you know who to get in contact with.
- Oct 31, '06 by PompomWhy do you want to shadow a nurse, is it a requirement for a class? If so, then your school should be able to set up a shadow date for you.
- Nov 1, '06 by MelRN13I would contact HR and find out if there are any requirements needed before shadowing. The hospital by which I am employed requires all students to have current TB tests and go through a basic orientation (even the high school Health Careers students).
- Nov 6, '06 by UMichSCN07If there's a specific nurse recruiter for the hospital (or a nurse recruitment department/office, if the hospital is large enough), they may be the best resource for shadowing. I've contacted HR departments in the past who had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.
Mike in Michigan
- Oct 11, '07 by thyme39You have probably already shadowed a nurse but you can go online for U of M and get the contact info about shadowing a nurse. The woman who handles the 'shadows' is very nice and they do a lot of shadowing.