RTH Program Admission Requirements
1. Minimum College GPA of 2.70 (4.0 scale) - (if student has completed at least 12 credit hours excluding
lower than 100 level courses) OR high school grade point average of 2.70 (4.0 scale), if no college GPA
has been established.
2. ASSET Reading score of 43 or better OR COMPASS Reading score of 84 or better.
3. Assessment score sufficient for placement in ENG 131. This requirement may also be fulfilled by
successful completion of required developmental English courses or completion of ENG 131 or its equivalent
with a C grade or better.
4. MATH proficiency as demonstrated by successful completion of MATH 080 or its equivalent with a C
grade or better OR COMPASS Algebra score of 46 or better.
5. Successful completion of BIO 233-Anatomy and Physiology I, with a C grade or better.
6. Successful completion of AH 100-Medical Terminology
, with a C grade or better.
7. Successful completin of CHEM 131-Principles of Chemsitry, with a C grade or better.
Individuals new to the field of Respiratory Therapy may find it helpful to job shadow a Respiratory Therapist.
This will give new students the ability to see first hand the wide variety of responsibilities that are part of
the profession. Contact your local Respiratory Care department to arrange for this opportunity.