- 0Mar 26, '11 by living on faithHi Everyone:
I am anticipating entering an ADN program in August 2011. I have heard from veteran nursing students that it would be most helpful to learn as much as possible about Pharmacology before entering the program. I know many may say not to worry about it but as I am a mature (read: older) student I have a challenging time with memorizing a volume of material. Therefore, could people please share with me how they managed to learn everything necessary to be successful in this class? All thoughts would be greatly.... appreciated!
- 1Mar 26, '11 by Anne36I just finished pharmacology in January with an A. I didnt do anything to prepare except the required work, I studied from the powerpoints and recorded the lecture. It was not that hard and I still had plenty of free time. Before you get to the first class, use the syllabus to cover all the required reading, so you have a good idea of what is going on. As you go through the class, you might find yourself reading the book less, and focusing on the poweroint more. (the book gives way more information than we need to know)
- 0Mar 30, '11 by Househead4lifeQuote from truleeblezdRNThe syllabus is in the H-Lakes bookstore for us to purchase along with our textbooks. The syllabus for all of the nursing classes are sold in the bookstore.Good question, I was wondering the same thing about Pharm... what can I do to give myself a heads up? Im not sure how we could get a syllabus before the first day of class???
- 0Mar 30, '11 by truleeblezdRNQuote from Househead4lifeThe syllabus is in the H-Lakes bookstore for us to purchase along with our textbooks. The syllabus for all of the nursing classes are sold in the bookstore.
Ohhh Im not sure if its set up like that at schoolcraft, I"m going to look into this??? Thanks for the info... that would be great if they are... thanks again!
- 0Mar 30, '11 by boatHi -
In answer to your question, the syllabus will be online for you right before class starts at Schoolcraft.
I graduate in 4 weeks, so I know how excited you must be. Usually the instructor you will have for that course posts materials on the Blackboard site early although I have had to wait for the first day of class before.
Good luck to you!
- 0Mar 31, '11 by truleeblezdRNQuote from boatMy only suggestions are to never miss lecture and study the power points - they are awesome. I saved mine and still use them today. You will also use them in fundamentals when you need to make drug flashcards.
Thanks Boat... I was reading some of your old post and you have been oh so helpful to me and so many others on this board! Your going to make an awesome nurse! I have changed my den into a office/study area... I told my family when the door is closed "DO NOT DISTURB" OR ELSE... lol Im ready to hit the pavement running with this...
- 0Mar 31, '11 by boatMust be funny to read my old posts because I joined AN before I entered nursing
school and now am about to graduate. It goes so fast!
One more book I wanted to recommend to you...Fluid and Electrolytes made incredibly easy. I used
it all of first year and re-read it over the summer and second year as well. It is beneficial for testing purposes first
year and for hanging iv's second year.