Nurse Extern interview-HFHSRegister Today!
- by RN2Be-2011 Jul 24, '10Hey guys, I have a question to anyone that had an interview for nurse extern at henry ford hospital- wyandotte. I am scheduled to go for an interview with them this monday. They said it is a panel interview that will last apporximatelly 15 mins which is scary. I don't know what to expect at all. WHat could they possibly ask in those short 15 min which will feel like a lifetime, I am sure. Please, if any of you guys interviewed with them and or had similar experience, let me know how it went! I am nervous about it and I really want this job'
Thanks in advance!
- Jul 24, '10 by ladycjSomeone was saying they ask about how you would handle situations with co workers, just look at letters, and meet you. Please come back on Monday and let me know how it went and what they asked you.
- Jul 25, '10 by RN2Be-2011I sure will let you know how it went. Thank you for letting me know...I wonder how long do we have to wait to see if we get the job? Maybe it will be on the spot, that would be great When is your interview ladycj?
- Jul 25, '10 by ladycjI have one on Wednesday but it is not for Henry Ford, I just have a classmate that also has a interview there on Monday. She thinks that's how it will go since it is so short of an interview. If I hear anything else I will let you know. I am just curious also because I never had one of these interviews either.
- Jul 25, '10 by SnowStar4It won't be too difficult. Dont know any externs at HF but other hospital systems in the area. I had mostly HR questions. Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with a coworker kind of questions. How often do you call in sick? Would you come to work sick? What are come abnormal vital signs? If you walked into a pts room and saw x what would you do? Why do you want to work on this type of floor? For this hospital?
- Jul 25, '10 by RN2Be-2011ladycj...good luck with your interview...tell your friend good luck from me too
A4L4S...thanks for sharing those questions...they seem fair for an extern position...wish me luck guys i am nervous...i will let you know how it went! But any additional tips would be great
- Jul 25, '10 by ladycjGood luck RN2Be, I am very nervous also. We will get though it and hopefully get these positions. If not this time we can come back on here and help each other with what they were asking and looking for to help with future interviews. Let me know how it goes tomorrow.
- Jul 26, '10 by NurseGrad2012Good luck on your interview. It's sounds a little intimidating. I've never been on an interview that wasn't just a one-on-one. Let us know how it went. Since I may be in your shoes in another year or so, please let me know what to expect.
- Aug 2, '10 by RN2Be-2011Hey guys..sorry for the delay in reply but I just wanted you to know that my interview went well and on friday i got "the call" that the job is mine. YAY...I am so happy and glad to finally have a job and most importantly i am grateful that I will be starting to do what I really love to do and enhance my skills and knowledge to become a great nurse
Thanks guys for all of your tips! They were really helpful!