Macomb Community College Nursing 2013 - Page 8Register Today!
- Jan 25 by MsPebblesQuote from Winterbebe7You can actually find some good information on various schools right here on AllNurses. Here's the link to that section: Online Nursing Schools, Colleges, and UniversitiesReally? Can you share some of the online programs? I would like to know I defiantly want my BSN but I have two young children so time and money are defiantly concerns of mine as well. Plus I am out of financial aid this year already so the rest will be out of pocket. For the MSU program I have to take two chem classes and two math classes to apply.
I actually just read a recent post that someone who attended WGU (Western Governor's University) online completed her BSN in only 6 months. Definitely do your research first, though, to determine the pros and cons of each school and also what would work best for you.
- Jan 25 by MsPebblesQuote from KylaSYes, January starts would graduate in December. Remember, the program is 4 complete semesters, not including summers.Hey, I know I am thinking ahead a bit but I was always curious about the graduation dates. I know August starts graduate in May and I am guessing January starts graduate in Decemeber?? Anyone know for sure?
- Jan 25 by Winterbebe7Thank you mspebbles. I am getting so excited and nervous as the time to see if we are accepted approaches. I wish there was a way to find out if a lot of people applied this year
- Jan 26 by MsPebblesI heard that fewer than last year applied and that the overall HESI scores were lower this year, but who knows how accurate those rumors are.
- Jan 26 by Winterbebe7I hope you are right! I want to get in so bad. I have heard the HESI scores are down as well.
- Jan 26 by ajurzakQuote from JLJ11405The name badge you do in class, so don't worry. You'll need that stuff plus a blood pressure cuff. The book store is over priced, but you can get them from there. Allheart.com has great prices on that stuff!HI I'm a March Start,
Where do we get the name badge? I was looking in the handbook and noticed that we would need one along with bandage scissors, pen light and stethoscope. Did you guys just get them at the bookstore?
- Jan 27 by nurseintraining33Quote from Winterbebe7We didn't find out how many people applied until right before we got our letters so I think it was mid April.Thank you mspebbles. I am getting so excited and nervous as the time to see if we are accepted approaches. I wish there was a way to find out if a lot of people applied this year
If you go to one of those Nursing Seminars at MCC, they tell you what the average scores were for the people who got in last year. I think theres one tomorrow actually.
- Jan 28 by JLJ11405Thank you ajurzak! I appreciate your help! I will definitely check out that website, I want to save all the money I can!
Where did you go for the basic life support certification?Last edit by JLJ11405 on Jan 28
- Jan 28 by ajurzakI had a friend who's certified to teach it. If you go to the American heart associations website you can search places that have certification