LCC 2013 Applicant Roll Call
- 0Nov 20, '12 by SopranoKrisOK, in 3 1/2 more weeks I am finally DONE with all my pre-reqs....yay!!!!
Who else is applying in January? (March 1st deadline)
I am hoping with all my might that I get accepted. My cum. GPA is 3.6, but my pre-req GPA (currently) 4.0. With GPA & phlebotomy, I'll have 142 points. If they accept my volunteer hours, I should have 152 points. I hope that's enough to get in. Last year's cut off was 141.
Who else out there is applying?
- 0Dec 26, '12 by SopranoKrisQuote from lccnursingWow, 152 points should definitely get you in! Looks like I'm going to have 148 points because some of my volunteer hours are too old to make the cut off. Hoping that's still enough to get in!I just applied for the 2013-2014 nursing program....I have 152 pts. I had all my prereqs done plus micro, 3.5 gpa, 2 yr full time work exp and chse110, it has been a long time for me to finally apply and I cant wait to find out in April!
When are you turning in your application? I was thinking of submitting it around mid-February.
- 1Dec 26, '12 by lccnursingCutoff last year was 141 or 142 I believe...so you should definately get in also....good luck I already applied last week...I couldnt get in last year bc spring I was taking pharm and physiology...so I have been waiting all year to apply taking transfer bsn courses in the meantime
- 0Dec 27, '12 by SopranoKrisIsn't it awful that you have to wait a whole entire year to apply? That's why I ended up taking 6 classes this semester. I didn't want to wait another year to apply. Now that the semester is done, there is a 9 month to 1 year wait before (hopefully) starting the program. I'm really hoping to get in to the Fall cohort. I'm also working on BSN courses in the mean time. I'm taking Stats, Chemistry & finishing my Phlebotomy externship. If I get in to the nursing program, I'll take the 2nd Writing & History course that's required by MSU for the BSN. If I end up getting placed in the Spring cohort, I'll take Pathophysiology, Organic Chem & Nutrition in the Fall.
I haven't filled out my application yet, because I'm still waiting for my volunteer hours letters. Once I have them, then I'll be ready to submit my application. I'm so excited...yet so nervous to know what the decision will be!
Here's hoping we're both at orientation in the Fall
- 0Feb 18, '13 by SopranoKrisSounds like you've got plenty of points, Evan! I wonder what this year's cut-off is going to be? I'm still waiting for my volunteer hours letters to arrive before I can submit my application. If I don't have the volunteer hours, I only have 136 points. With the volunteer hours, I should have 144. I am hoping this will be enough!!! I originally thought I'd have 152 points, but I can only count the last 5 years of volunteering, so that cuts off some major points..aarrgghh!