Latoya's Health Education and Training Center
- 0Jan 31, '10 by SPNCandaceI heard about this school from a couple of nurses at a facility I used to work at as a CNA. They told me it was only 1 LPN year program and the only thing you had to do to get in was have a HS diploma, pass a PSB test and complete and interview with Rosa (very very nice lady). I jumped right on that opportunity and was accepted in May of 2009. I am currently attending Latoya's and I love it as of today I have 8 months until graduation. I am so thankful for this school because if not for it I would still be waiting to get into Mott's program.
Okay so the cost was 13,000 for my class but next year it will go up to 14,00 dollars. Which is still alot less then AMC's program and from what I hear Latoya's program is a tad bit better. But you know I am bias.
But if you are currently on a waiting list or you want to change your careers I highly recommend that you try Latoya's. I believe testing to get in started on Jan. 20th and it will continue until the end of April.
If you have any questions or you want contact information reply here .
CandaceLast edit by dianah on Jan 31, '10 : Reason: Removed email, as posting email address is Terms of Service violation
- 0Feb 1, '10 by SPNCandacehi i couldn't find your private email, but i can give you the contact information here. the phone number is 989-797-4602 this is the number the front desk. you can also visit the website at www.latoyas.org.
let me know what happends!!!Last edit by dianah on Feb 1, '10 : Reason: Removed name and identifiers, as posting such is Terms of Service violation
- 0Feb 3, '10 by MsAshleyWhat is the pbs test? And did your financial aid cover all of that? Does the money have to be paid in one lump sum?? I'm sorry I'm trying to go to school to become an RN but the wait is so long that I considered the LPN as an option and then just do the bridge program. Do the credits transfer as well?
- 0Feb 3, '10 by SPNCandaceThe PSB test is just a competency test. It had four sections math, reading, biology and nursing competency on it. The tuition for the up coming year is 14,000 dollars. Financial aid doesn't cover this program. NWLB will. I only got 5,000 but that's because my caseworker was not to interested in helping me. You are supposed to get ten thousand dollars. There is no payment plan it all has to be paid for before you start your classes in October because it's a nonprofit school.
I hope that this information helps you out.
- 0Feb 3, '10 by MsAshleyYes it does thanks so much!! The only unfortunate thing is that I am not so sure if I would be able to get all the money needed for the program before October. Specially if I end up in a situation like yours and am only given 5,000! I will have to think about this more and Saginaw also is kinda far for me. I live in Detroit.