I was accepted to WCCCD Spring 2012 RN Nursing Program. Any, How to Prepare Advice? - page 7
by rbrandnew 12,797 Views | 69 Comments
So, what happens next? Any advice? What should I brush up on? What books should I read now, while waiting for the program to begin? Uniforms/equipment requirements? Medical/insurance requirement? Which hospitals/facility offer... Read More
- 0Jan 16, '12 by IfuturenurseHi everyone. I'm currently in med surg-2. To answer your dress code question. For lab you must have white tee and dark color sweats; how ever that will change with the new student handbook which is currently being printed to " white tee and strictly black sweats. For lecture, dress to impress. It's going to be hard but you need to Lways remember why are you here and how hard it was for you to get to where you are today. If you feel like quitting during your journey. Remember that 1000s of people wish to be in your place And you are luckier then most to only haveto work hard for 2 years to have a brighter futureGood luck to allFeel free to ask questions @ Mazinisaac@yahoo.com
- 0Jan 16, '12 by WaitingonaBlessingHello to all!
I trust that everyone is ready for tomorrow.....The BIG DAY NURSING classes begin January 17,2012 for class of December 2013!!!!!!yeeeaaaahhhh! haven't been on here in a while, been trying to get my mind prepared. I'm soooooo nervouse about beginning class, but here we go!
I have been reading all of your postings and there has been some great information I want to say thanks so much to all! @rbrandnew, @Lilianne, and @potter
- 0Jan 20, '12 by rbrandnewi joined the nsna home i am looking forward to attending their mnsa’s 61st annual convention “pure nursing” on february 3-4 at the ann arbor sheraton.
for a really good site, with really great prices, check out allheart.com
btw, i enjoyed my first week of nursing school... it's so good to be on the road to becoming a nurse and to know that there is an end in sight! i vow to stay off the path of negativity and to keep my eye on the prize.
- 0Feb 15, '12 by rbrandnewWhen time permits, I will start a, 'what I know now, that I wish I had known prior to starting the nursing program' thread.
After starting the program, I developed test anxiety, which is something brand new and very unfamiliar to me.
And all the preparation that I put into being prepared, paled by comparison to the overwhelming stress and chaotic pace of the actual program.
But the link below, really helped me calm down and if you believe in the power of positive thinking and visualization, then it may help you too. In the meantime, I had a big test tomorrow from approximately 9:15am- 10:15am EDT and I would really appreciate all the visualization I can get. Please help by reviewing the link and then tomorrow please visualize, Authors, Kozier, Erb and Berman whispering the answers in my ear and my grandmother and father smiling at me when I get my test results back.
(this is only make sense if you view the link below)
Magical Easy Relaxation Technique for Taking Exams! - YouTube
- 1In case anyone is wondering if all my preparation has made my first 7 1/2 weeks easier than others, surprisingly, it did not.
Why? Because it's not practice that make perfect, it's applying the appropriate practice to the appropriate goal that makes perfect. And unfortunately, it was not until I actually started the program and found myself doing poorly, that I understood
I had not practiced appropriately for this program.
Fortunately for me, my doing poorly was getting lower grades than I had expected to receive, but not doing so poorly, that it was impossible for me to pass my courses. And most fortunately for me, I discovered the appropriate nursing, test taking strategies before it was too late. And now, not only do I feel confident about passing my first 7 1/2 weeks, but I also feel confident about successfully completing the program.
I know that many of my classmates are struggling, therefore I will start two new threads: WCCCD What I Know Now That I Wish I Had Known. And-- Exam Strategies for WCCCD Class of 2013.Last edit by rbrandnew on Feb 17, '12