Has Anyone Here worked for Evangelical Homes in Saline?Register Today!
- by westieluv Aug 12, '12They want to interview me for a home health RN position. I am wondering what they are like to work for.
Also, I am getting calls from Great Lakes Healthcare and Hospice and am wondering how it would be to be an on-call hospice nurse for them (I have experience in this field, but with a different hospice company).
- Aug 12, '12 by JZ_RNI knew someone that worked there and left after she got another job, immediately....
I don't know the exact reasons why but I think it says something that she was so willing to leave and start all over at a new job.
- Aug 12, '12 by westieluvI assume you're referring to Evangelical Homes? That's interesting. Thanks for sharing, it gives me a little something to go on.
- Aug 21, '12 by tewdlesI have not worked for Evangelical homes but have worked with them and with their staff a great deal. EVH purchased their home care business from a hospice in the area, and I am not much familiar with that part of their operations. For the most part, the facility in Saline provides good care and in general the staff are treated well. I am not certain that their administrative leadership is the same as it was last year so...
I worked for Great Lakes and would not recommend them.
- Aug 23, '12 by westieluvThank you, Tewdles. I turned down Great Lakes because it was an on-call position that covered the entire service area for that office and the farthest visits would have had me driving almost an hour and a half in good weather, and well over two hours in the winter. Sounds like I won't regret passing on that one.
Evangelical Homes called me again today, and they really want to set up an interview. The only thing holding me back is that they have two main service areas, Ann Arbor/Washtenaw, which is the area I would normally work in, and Sterling Heights/Metro Detroit/Macomb, which is quite a distance from where I live. Every couple of months, I would have to take an on-call rotation covering both areas in their entirety. From my house to anywhere in Macomb County would be a solid hour and a half. Lots to think about, because it is only every so often, but still...that's pretty far to drive.
Thanks again for your input. It really helps!