Davenport University - Page 3Register Today!
- Apr 24, '10 by promiseme1Anyone know just how much the professional recommendations factor into their decision?
- Apr 24, '10 by promiseme1Good grief, received an envelope in the mail from Davenport today and it scared me something awful. It turned out to be nothing of importance. I was looking at the previous threads from 2008 and 2009. I read that an acceptance letter comes in a large envelope and the denial letters comes in a standard envelope, anybody know if there is any truth to that? All this waiting can't be good for the !!!!!
- Apr 25, '10 by persephone162Hey Everyone!
OMG this wait is taking forever! I guess that it gives me time to try and hope
for the best.. My GPA was high though, and I have confirmed my classes,
however if I am not accepted then I wont of course be taking the classes..
I hope that I am, as I have worked soo hard, and feel that my recommedation
letters were of top notch people I work with. A MD, and Charge Nurse..
Well needless to say, I am going to need a ciggarrette this week, or a huge coffee
as the anticipation is getting a bit much! Hopefully everyone makes it ..
To answer everyones questions I know the recommendation letters weighed in heavily
with decisions along with your personal essay!
Well everyone let me know how it goes!
Take Care, Persephone
- Apr 26, '10 by promiseme1Any of you ladies know what the minimum score for the TEAS is? I'm really concerned, I have a good GPA, great recommendation letters and a pretty good essay but my TEAS score isn't all that! I'm hoping that it's the last thing they look at. I hope everyone on this thread makes it in, good luck everyone!!!!!!
I sure hope I have some hair left when this is all over with.
- Apr 26, '10 by AnoetosAccording to the webpage, the minimum test score will be set based on what the aggregate scores of the applicants actually are. So, there's really no way of knowing at this point. We'll either be accepted or we won't.
I did ok on the TEAS, got good refs and my essay is strong. My problem is that even though I am carrying a 4.0, my transcript is VERY short. It would be nice if they were looking at winter grades too, but I don't think they are.
All the best of luck and grace to you all and, hopefully, we'll all be there in the fall.
- Apr 26, '10 by promiseme1Thanks Mike, Good luck to you too! Which campus did you apply for?
- Apr 26, '10 by AnoetosWarren
- Apr 27, '10 by promiseme1Mailman came and went, still nothing!
- Apr 27, '10 by AnoetosSame
- Apr 27, '10 by AnoetosGrades are up though