Charity's HESI sections? - page 2
by Sydlie 5,087 Views | 26 Comments
Hey out there! I'm going to be taking the HESI-A2 next month in order to apply to Charity School of Nursing & in my looking online for information on the test, I've seen people at other schools mentioning which sections of the... Read More
- 0Jul 25, '11 by Sydlie@Phi823: I had a hold because they hadn't realized they had all of my transcripts (which was confusing because I could see they'd posted to my student account), getting that removed was Trip #1. Then there was a hold because originally, I was supposed to be moving to New Orleans at the end of May, so I'd applied with the intent to register for summer, but the move was put off (my fiance's job relocated us) and I didn't arrive until early July and this jacked up their whole system. I had to go down to campus (City Park campus, I live in the CBD) and fill out paperwork to fix that. Unfortunately, I am STILL not admitted for the Fall.
The best part? When I go to student self-serve and click on "registration status", it says I'm registered for this term, but if I try to sign up for classes, or even just refresh the page, it says "You are not admitted for this term." It's pretty awesome... (can you hear my sobs of frustration?)
@MsLeana: Meeting with an adviser is a genius idea! I didn't of it as an option since I'm not admitted for anything, if you could send me a list, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you
- 0Jul 27, '11 by Phi823That is sooo frustrating!! So, it looks like Trip #3 is in your future soon. That is just the weirdest thing ever. So, when you go down there, I would suggest that they try to register you, and see what happens. If it makes you feel any better, my husband goes through the same thing with them. He is a firefighter in New Orleans so they don't pay anything to go to school there. Most of the firemen take the classes to become either Captain or Chief. Anyway, they will send him a bill every semester saying that he owes, and when he doesen't pay, of course they will put a hold on his account, and he has to go down there, etc... He gets really upset by the whole thing. And my mom goes to the one in Covington. She has a B.S. from Texas, but she lost her high school diploma in Katrina. The high school that she went to has been torn down for about 40 yrs now, and the records of graduates from that school only goes back to 1970, and she graduated in '65. So, to make a long story short, they made her take an Ability to Benefit test even though she has a college degree. So, all 3 of us complain to each other all the time! Let me know what happens though
- 0Aug 4, '11 by Phi823I'm mainly focusing on A&P b/c I heard that was the most difficult. I've read the A&P section in the HESI book, but I also bought "A&P for Dummies" and "Fundamentals of Success:Critical Thinking" because there is a Critical Thinking part on the test as well. I bought the A&P for Dummies because I don't have my old A&P books being that the school that I went to made you rent books instead of buying them. I have to make at least a 75 to have a profile score of 60. I think the cut off has been 55 in the past few years.
- 0Aug 28, '11 by SydlieWhoops! I totally forgot to let you guys know: I was the first one done with the test, which would have been paranoia inducing except for the part where you get to monitor your results as you go along! I ended up with a 92! I'm pretty happy!
Only thing that sucks is that I never got the admission problem taken care of, so I couldn't take A&P this semester and their website says that as of this year, you MUST have A&P 1 finished before applying to school. I'm still looking into LSU's BSN program, however I might need to retake the HESI for that since they require the Chemistry portion of the test and it wasn't available to take at Delgado.
Hope everyone did great!
- 0Aug 29, '11 by Phi823Ms Coates, let us know!! You'll be fine!
Sydlie, I forgot to post how I did too. I posted it under a different thread. I was really happy that I made an 85, and I scored an 850 on the Critical Thinking part. My profile score is a 75 now so hopefully that will be high enough to be accepted. You did awesome though. A 92 is really high!! I was going to apply to LSU, but the deadline was 8/15, and I hadn't taken the HESI yet.