Baker of clinton township nursing programRegister Today!
- by bakernursing Aug 27, '11Hi I am currently attending Baker of Clinton Township and will be applying for the nursing program in the fall as well as taking the Kaplan. I was just wondering if anyone knew how many people applied for the fall semester and also what the average gpa was or the scores on kaplan. I know it changes every semester because theres always new competition but I would like to know if I even have a shot at getting in. Also, I know you can score up to 11 possible points on the kaplan but does anyone know how many points there are total that you can earn? Any tips on studying for the Kaplan would be appreciated too thank you!
- Total points is 28.
GPA = 0-12 pts (4.0 = 12 pts)
Kaplan = 0 - 11 pts (100% = 11 pts)
Transfer credits for pre-reqs :
0-8 credits transferred = 2 pts
9-16 credits transferred = 1 pt
16+ credits transferred = 0 pts
0 repeats = 3 pts
Lose a point for every repeat, withdrawal, failure until reaching 0 points.
Developmental Ed. courses are not considered in point scoring
As far as the test goes, I used the Kaplan Entrance Exams study guide from the Baker bookstore. I think it was $19. It goes way more in depth than was necessary for the test. Mainly know your basic math concepts, some pretty general A&P, reading was pretty basic (read a passage and answer ?'s about it) and writing, although I bombed it I can't think of a single way to study it unless you could pick the brains of those that wrote it! I was totally lost and confused...
There is more info on the Kaplan on AN, try a search, and anything else I can help with just let me know!
- What about the double weighted GPA courses....i.e. A&P, patho, holistics...
- As far as I know, they add all the final course grades, adding sciences twice, and figure an amended GPA. This is the GPA they use to figure your points.
Double weighted courses are A&P 1 and 2, Micro, Patho, Pharm, and Holistics (Nutrition).
- I am LPN to RN and since they changed everything, pharm doesn't count for me anymore which really kind of made me mad considering I already had it at OCC on top of taking 3 other classes....UGH! So if I wanted to figger it out I would add my gpa for the science classes twice to get my average right.....
- Yep, That should be correct.
- I wonder if they have any idea how frustrating this wait is......
- Aug 31, '11 by bakernursingthanks so much for your help! hopefully reviewing my notes will jog my memory of everything ive learned enough to pass the exam!
- May 12, '12 by chellehillerI just took the kaplan TODAY! how do i know how many points the kaplan is? I scored a 79..how do i figure out the point value? Thanks!
- May 15, '12 by chellehillerWell, I figured it out...and they are doing everything different this quarter. I have 92.65 of 100 pts and that includes 60 pts for 4.0 plus 5pts for no transfer and 27.65 pts for a 79 on kaplan. I'm hoping I make the cut!! I've been working so hard.