Any one taking NET at Baker or applying for fall?
- 0May 15, '09 by shannonmarie7I was wondering if the NET test was on a computer? I read on an old post that it is on paper, so are we talking about a scan tron or write in? How long does it take for Baker to get the results to you?
Also....if anyone is applying for the fall do you know if they are adding the Comp I and computer classes back into the equation for deciding the points, or are they waiting for next spring? I called and they said that they decide on all 13 pre-reqs, but I could have sworn the letter they sent out said they are not adding all 13 in until next spring.
- 1,665 Visits
- 0May 16, '09 by NursingRocks1998The HESI is on the computer- you don't need a scantron- everything you need is on the computer. You get your results along with an extensive breakdown of your scores for each section before you walk out of the test. Good luck to you- once you get in its a hard road, but it has been done! As far as the new requirements, I'm not sure about that- check with the Health Science office. Good luck!
- 0May 17, '09 by cakmd2To your question Shannonmarie7, This will be my 3rd time taking the Net at Baker and it is on scantron. Last time I took the Net (For spring) My score was .2 away from getting in. I have a 3.67 GPA and my score on the Net was a 73%. I was number 56 out of 186 people... They only accept 40 people. You have to do your very best even with a GPA of 4.0.. All the classes are now weighted in.. I take it on the 20th and hope to do much better this time around. I have watched 2 of my friends get accepted on the first and second time, it is very frustrating.... Good luck and I hope you do well. I hope this answers your questions for you!
- 0May 17, '09 by shannonmarie7thanks for the replies!!
cakmd2 - we are most likely going to be in the same test group? man that sucks that you were so close! i have a few questions if you do not mind:
1. they said to just bring pencils, so i am assuming they provide the scan tron?
2. was the test like the study guide in your opinion?
3. did you feel that you had enough time to finish?
4. how long did it take for you to get the results?
5. they only score on math and reading comprehension still?
6. can we bring water?
7. do you know what your friends total points were?
lol....okay i think that is all. this is my first time taking the net and i am really nervous.:redpinkhe
- 1May 19, '09 by cakmd2Shannonmarie7~
#1. Just bring your pencils and drivers license with school ID.
#2. The test is just like the study guide...
#3. Every time I took it no-one ever felt there was enough time to finish the reading comp. part...
#4. You will get a letter in the mail (end of July beginning of August) I know it sucks to wait that long...
#5. Yes they only score on Math and Reading Comp.
#6. Yes you can bring water.
#7. My total points were 22.9. The lowest score accepted into the program was 23.2.. I was actually .3 away...It sucks bigtime.. My friend that was accepted in spring 09 had a 23.5...
So good luck to you and remember if you need for any reason to retake the NET a 3rd time (they say you can only take it 2 times) you need to meet with the Dean, Karen Grobson and ask her to retake it again and she will make you write a letter to her and then she will grant a third time to you!! A lot of people don't know that! I'm doing what ever I can to up my score on the NET..I'm tired of waiting around!! Good luck on the Net this week Shannonmarie7!! :-)
- 0May 20, '09 by shannonmarie7Thanks for the info! I did not know that they let you take it a 3rd time, I will definatly keep that in mind. I went today for my test. I walked out feeling more worried than when I went in. It just went by so fast and I started to panic a bit. Do you know if they count the written expression area with the capitalization, punctuation, etc? I heard that they do as part of the Reading Comprehension. What about the biology section?
They made us get rid of our water, I hid mine in my purse but they made some people throw it away. They gave us bright red paper for scratch paper, I couldn't even read what I wrote on it after a while and it really slowed me down.
The proctor said that the NET results would be mailed around June 1st and the acceptance/denial letters around August 1st. That is such a long time to wait. I saw one of the TA's that use to work in the Tech center today on the way to the test. He had his white nursing scrubs on and looked so happy. He is a awesome student and helped me a lot in labs. It was cool to see him in the program. I wonder if he comes on here? Hi John, if you are on here....lol.
- 0May 24, '09 by cakmd2Shannonmarie7,
I took my Net the same day you did! What time was your class? I was in the 9am-1pm class. In my class one of the girls was caught going back to a section that we already completed and her test was taken and she was asked to leave! That sucks for her! On my other Net results it says at the bottom of the paper that " Your Composite Score is a rounded average of the Essential Math Skills and Science Reading Comprehension Scores" Everything else is not part of the score!! Did you feel you had enough time to finish the Reading comp part? Another thing to keep in mind is if you have to re-take the test to bring your score up, the test has been the EXACT same test all 3 times for me! It really helped me this time because I remembered a lot of what was on the test! You would think they would have changed it up a bit but they have not! Well I'll check on here in a week or so to see how you did!! I just wonder if we were in the same class and didn't know it! Good luck to you and I hope this is the last time you have to take the NET.....
- 0May 24, '09 by shannonmarie7We were in the same class! I sat right behind her in the white shirt. I really think that she did not understand the instructions, maybe language was a barrier for her because she asked a zillion times about the 1 min timed reading part. I feel bad for her but it does say in the book at the end of each test to stop. I thought maybe the were going to let her off but then if they did someone could complain because she may have been going ahead they whole time which isn't fair. They may have let her retry the next day but if they didn't she is stuck and has to wait until fall to take it again and then apply for spring 2010.
So do you think the vocab/punctuation may not be counted? I was confused on some of those. I was hoping the science would not count because my mind went blank on some since it has been a long time since I was in AP 1. I just finished the last paragraph on the reading when they called time, I could have used more time, I thought the wording of the paragraphs was confusing on some of them. That's cool that they are the same, I have already forgotten most of what was on the test already...lol.
Good luck to you also! I have a bad feeling that I did not do as well as I would like. I scored a 76, 86, and 94 when I took the practice test but I was really tired when I took the actual test and my mind kept going blank because I was so stressed out. I hope they hurry up, maybe it will be here before the 1st because we need to go get the application packets soon.
- 0May 24, '09 by cakmd2What are the dates to pick and turn in the packets? BTW I was sitting on the opposite side of you in the last row against the wall... That's pretty funny! I had that girl in my Holistics class and she always had a ton of questions about everything! sometimes i wonder if she is just playing DUMB.... Not to sound mean or anything! Oh well, I hope they send our scores soon because I'm just tired of waiting for this kind of news... I hope I did a little better. It would suck if I did worse this time..I had a 73% last time which only gave me 5.6 points..I need to do a little better.. Hope you do good on it!
- 0May 28, '09 by shannonmarie7The letter I have says application packets for fall 2009 start will be available in the academic office from Monday, June 1st through Friday, June 5th during regular business hours.
I have had several classes where someone asks a ton of questions or tells a life story about every single topic and you are like enough already!!...lol.
I hope they send the scores tomorrow I am really starting to doubt myself and wonder if I am even going to get the 50 points needed to apply. I hate that you have to wait till the fall to try again, some schools let you take it twice in one semester. I hope you do well to! I am just ready for all of this waiting to be over so I can enjoy my summer off, this is my first semester off since summer 2007 and I am ready to just relax and do the things I have been unable to do this whole time. I am not going to know what to do with myself without summer classes....lol.
Quote from cakmd2What are the dates to pick and turn in the packets? BTW I was sitting on the opposite side of you in the last row against the wall... That's pretty funny! I had that girl in my Holistics class and she always had a ton of questions about everything! sometimes i wonder if she is just playing DUMB.... Not to sound mean or anything! Oh well, I hope they send our scores soon because I'm just tired of waiting for this kind of news... I hope I did a little better. It would suck if I did worse this time..I had a 73% last time which only gave me 5.6 points..I need to do a little better.. Hope you do good on it!