Checking orders - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 6 by classicdamewe do electronic charting and an icon will flash red for stat orders and yellow for any other new order (or result of a previous order). When we did paper charting I checked every time I charted and that could be 2 hours or more. I depended on the unit clerk or charge nurse to tell me if new orders were received.
- Mar 8 by VespertinasThe policy for one hospital where I work med-surg states every 2 hours.
Quote from loriangel14How many patients do you have? How frequent are their vitals? I'm trying to get an idea of acuity.Once a shift maybe. If there is an urgent order the Charge Nurse or ward clerk will let us know.
- Mar 20 by SnowboardRNEverytime I sign onto the computer there is a Changes selection at the top with a number next to it that tells me how many changes have been made recently. When I click on it, it tells me what the changes are.
For in the chart orders, I always look after I see the doctor leave.
I'm not sure there is a specific policy of how often we are supposed to look, if so I've never heard it!
- Mar 21 by hodgieRNOur policy states to check orders every 1-2 hrs.
- Mar 22 by WeepingAngel6 MARs sound like the worst thing in the world. Unless they are organized with tabs or something like that so it is easy to find something quickly. Anyway, we are alerted to new orders with a thing that pops up to acknowledge orders.