MDS associated Quarterly assessmentRegister Today!
- by SitcomNurse Jan 31, '12Ok, I am not directly speaking about a quarterly MDS. What I am talking about is an 'assessment'. Our dietary completes the MDS quarterly does an assessment. Our SWS does an assessment, then completes the quarterly MDS. PT/OT write a quarterly progress note with their quarterly MDS, so the chart has a note in it no longer than q3 mo from all disciplines.
They all have forms, either a UDAT or writeable PDF that they use. I do not have one. I am asked to create one.
Does anyone out there have a form: udat, copy machine, PDF, whatever.. that they can forward to me? I would be so really appreciative!
Barring that, does anyone have any ideas of how to go about creating a form? I checked the MDS manual to see what is required of a quarterly, but of course, everything in a 1/4 ly MDS is required, so that was a big tail chase. I checked online, looked for PDF, looked for ltc quarterly form, looked for associated with mds nursing assessment.. and a while bunch of other terms. Ended up in New Jersey's list of forms for civil service workers.
- 1,933 Views
- Feb 1, '12 by mds1Not exactly sure what you mean, but I just give the departments a blank copy of the appropriate MDS sections for them to fill out while they are doing their assessment for that section. They give it back to me and I input it in the system. You can print a blank copy from your print screen.
- Feb 2, '12 by SitcomNurseI guess what I am asking for is a corresponding progress note that is a ROS in accord with the MDS quarterly. Not a quarterly assessment.
- Feb 3, '12 by mds1every interdisciplinary team member shouild be writing a note in the chart with each assessment. My IDT members gnerally write theirs when they are setting in the weekly care plan meetings.
- Feb 3, '12 by SitcomNurseYeah, each discipline is on board and has been doing it for years, nursing keeps changing its 'notes'. Used to be a 3 shift assessment, based on PRI. Thats out. Then it was an InterDisciplinary Team(IDT) note, with everyone putting in a piece, but the other departments were now triplicating work. their assessment, their note, then the IDT note. So, Nsg is changing again. Was looking for anyone out there who had a list/format of what is required on a quarterly note. Turns out, nothing is required, other than to say the quarterly MDs was done, to direct the team/audits to the MDS for the most recent assessment. But prudence dictates... a mention of things in a way that does not duplicate, but more explains the reasoning behind the answers in the MDS. So, thats what I left them all with in the end. Thanks for being here for me anyway, having no form/udat/etc. answer just solidified the answer I already knew. Write a note, and be smart about it.