Umass Amherst Second Degree - Fall 2013Register Today!
- by kmp23 Mar 21Hi everyone! I didn't see anyone post about the up and coming fall 2013 cohort for Umass Amherst so here it is! I just got accepted and wanted to discuss anything and everything about the school to make a hard decision of whether to go there or not. Goodluck everyone!
- Mar 23 by valeenalI just got my acceptance as well. I'm on the fence between UMass and getting an ADN in my state. I'm thinking UMass will be my best option. I've read that it's really hard but I'm prepared for it. Plus, it's one of the cheaper ABSN programs out there.
- Mar 23 by kmp23Yeah thats one reason the cost is so much cheaper than other schools. Do you know exactly what tuition and the program cost? I haven't had the chance to call or anything. If the location was near a city it would be a done deal but its hard to get to from airports.
- Mar 23 by valeenalThe program cost that I found is:
Tuition is $29,640,
Registration fee is $225
Health Insurance is $3420
Books, Uniforms, Misc is $6179
I haven't factored in room and board yet. The airport situation might be a bit sticky. But the way I see it, it's only 17 months of seclusion from friends and family.
- Mar 26 by nantotshello! I also recently got my acceptance letter. I'm kind of on the fence since I live on the west coast and the airport situation was a turn off. It seems shuttle is the best choice, but one of the services costs $48 one way and the other didn't list their prices. :\
- Mar 26 by jess174I got accepted for the Fall 2013 cohort at Umass Amherst as well! Anyone from Los Angeles?
- Mar 27 by kmp23Yeah I just talked to a family friend who went to Amherst, she says to fly into Hartford, Conn and drive 45 to the school...Thats the best/easiest way.
- Mar 27 by kmp23Jess- Nope sorry! From the Fort Lauderdale area in FL
- Mar 27 by valeenalHi Jess, I'm a born and raised Angelino but I recently moved to the east coast. Are you planning on choosing Amherst?
- Mar 28 by kmp23Valeenal- hey I just noticed my comment didn't post, wanted to say thank you for looking up tuition and stuff!