UMass Amherst Second Bachelors Fall 2012 - Page 4Register Today!
- Apr 26, '12 by andrewmorganI have a 3.8 in my prereqs and 3.0 in my undergrad. I finished all of my prereqs except nutrition (which I am currently taking online and have an A) and 100 hours of volunteer experience (which who knows if that really factors into anything).
- Apr 27, '12 by terryann8it's my understanding that they changed the "rules" for 2012 and you have to had finished all your prereqs before the application date. But who knows! if they really did change the deadline to April 1 then they probably changed other stuff too.
- The deadline was February 1st and you could have 2 courses in progress at the time of application.
- Apr 27, '12 by luce8888gogators19 - did someone in admissions tell you that it was okay to have two prereqs in progress? I thought that was the case too since I saw it said that on the website. But then I looked at another part of the website and it said you had to have everything complete by the time of application! So I may be screwed....!!
- Apr 27, '12 by kylie002Did you ever get an email that said your application was complete? I did, but I had all my pre-req's done before I sent in my application (before Feb. 1)...and then sometime before Feb. 1, I got an email saying my application was complete.Last edit by kylie002 on Apr 27, '12
- I got the same email
- Apr 27, '12 by andrewmorganThis is what I was told when I went and physically had a meeting with one of the admissions counselors. Yes it says on the website "all pre-reqs must be complete by the time of the deadline" but that is NOT true for 2012. You are allowed to have one or two pre-reqs in progress and your teacher of those classes must email your mid-term grade to the school. That mid-term grade will be used to factor into your pre-req GPA.
My nutrition classes I took a few years ago were not equivalent, so I am currently taking one that is equivalent and have already had my professor email them my grade.
Kylie002..I did get an email that mine was complete, although the email said I applied for the RN-BSN lol. I emailed them and got a response saying I was however correctly coded for the Second Bachelors degree.
- Apr 27, '12 by kylie002There is a lot of of conflicting information between the two different pages that have information regarding the program...a woman even told me once, on the phone, that she was embarrassed by all of the "mistakes" or conflicting information...Not that that helps us any....still waiting
- Apr 27, '12 by dbabklynhey I just wanted to let everyone know that I just got an email from the admissions office and i was accepted into the program for Fall 2012!! i'm sooo ecstatic!! good luck to everyone!! you should be hearing from them soon
- Congrats! I'm still waiting...