Greater Lowell Tech LPN 2011Register Today!
- by jepos1514 Mar 25, '11Hey Everyone!
Just wanted to start a thread for anyone going to the Greater Lowell LPN program in the fall! Post here if you've been accepted, are applying, or went and have ANY advice!
- Mar 26, '11 by Ladicapricorn841:dhey there!! i am currently going through the program right now and second term is almost over!! cant believe it! let me just give a huge congratulations to all those who do get into the program! any advice i would have to give for surviving the first term is to take the medical terminology class that they offer during the summer before school it will be very useful. also most people will tell you to try and take some pre req classes during the summer as well (microbiology, a+p, nutrition) so you will have a lighter course load. i do agree with this but i would definitely advise sitting in on the lectures if you can. it will make second term med/surg topics much easier to understand. if anyone has any other questions they want to ask me or if you are feeling anxious in general hit me up! congratulations again
- Mar 27, '11 by jepos1514Hey Ladica! Thanks for posting and congrats on making it through the program this far!! I am already registered for AP I and APII for this summer so hopefully that will help me out a bit. Thanks for the heads up about the terminology class. Is there anything else I should know about that I need to do during the summer? I'm kind of afraid to book any vacations for fear that I will have something I need to go to for the program. Also, what are the uniforms like? Are they all the same or do they just need to be a certain color? Sorry for the questions, I feel like I have a new one everyday!
- May 18, '11 by Alicia887Hello!
I interviewed this week for the program, and am waiting to hear back. I'm anxiously awaiting and hoping to get in From what I've heard though, the chances of getting in this late in the year are slim...
- May 18, '11 by jepos1514Hey Alicia!
Congrats on getting an interview! Hopefully they'll get back to you soon. I think it was about 3-4 weeks before I got my letter. Are you applying for days or nights?
- May 18, '11 by Alicia887Thanks! Congratulations on getting in! I applied to nights, which one will you be in?
- May 18, '11 by jepos1514I'm in days. I would never get up in the morning and use that time to study if I didnt actually need to be there early so its better to use my time wisely and stick to days haha. Hopefully we'll be meeting at orientation and bootcamp though!
- I got accepte for this year and am excited to start. Conratulations to all the graduates of Greater Lowell Tech class of 2011
- Thank you for the tip. I did not take Medical Terminology because I have taken it many times. I am taking the boot camp course they offer.
- Hi Iris ,
Conrats on getting in. I am going during the day as well. I hope we can meet and be study buddies.