UMSON Spring 2013 - page 15
by eodenwal 53,272 Views | 269 Comments
Hey! Anyone planning on applying to UMSON for Spring of '13?... Read More
- 0Nov 5, '12 by lisnurQuote from celinaconejoIs that really how it works? I got my call on Friday, does that mean I was part of the first round?Ames,To your previous question, last year I was waitlisted. And I'm not sure about this but I believe they send out rejections and 1st round acceptances first. Then 2nd round acceptances and waitlists. I had to wait about a month to find out I was waitlisted because they were waiting to see if a slot opened from the initial 2 rounds of accepted students to see who didn't want a spot. Once you get accepted you have two weeks to reserve your spot. So don't give up hope!
I just thought it was alphabetical order or something. I wonder if Grey Lady could answer this question?
- 1Nov 5, '12 by AmesRT6510I looked through last years postings and this is what Grey lady said which may be helpful:
Apr 12 by Grey LadyApplicant statuses are being changed today and in no particular order. I see admits and rejections on both campuses and do not see any pattern, even an alphabetical one. They seem to be doing all categories at the same time. I know that the plan is to change all the statuses first and then start calling students. So, if your status has not changed yet you cannot read ANYthing into that. It looks to me as if they are almost through half of the applicants.
- 0Nov 5, '12 by Blacksapphire 18I must say, I don't think anyone that is still waiting is rejected, I'm basing this on last years results. I was rejected and I noticed I was made aware of my status before anyone else posted their statuses of being accepted or wait listed. I believe everyone waiting is either accepted or wait listed. But this is just an assumption!
Good luck everyone
- 0Nov 6, '12 by alm10Quote from ashlala6My status is still committee ready as well, it just means they havent come to a decision yet, or at least havent gotten to you yet. I called the admissions office yesterday morning to see how much longer they predict the process to take and they said I could find out anytime between now and two weeks!! So there is still plenty of time. Hang in there!Hi everyone,
I am still waiting! My status is still committee ready. What does this mean?
Congratulations to everyone accepted.
Also she said we will definitely find out online first, then we get the phone call..if you didn't know that already
- 0Nov 6, '12 by noshillsFor anyone who got accepted? I'm a bit confused when orientation is and what the deadline is to turn in all the required forms? The website only tells the dates for Fall. For anyone still waiting, I hope you get in! I got a call Friday, but I missed it so I just checked out my status online. Last semester, I was waitlisted.
- 0Nov 6, '12 by amc074I'm not sure about the date of orientation but for the forms my letter said I had to return my enrollment form within two weeks and that my other forms had to be in by orientation. The calendar on their website said classes start January 23 so I'm guessing orientation is either earlier that week or the week before.