UMSON, Fall 2012...is NO ONE applying?! :) :) - page 4
by SB113 53,675 Views | 291 Comments
Am I in the wrong place?? I would think that there would be a lot of chatter with the deadline being tomorrow! I am sure there are oodles applying. Now...where is everyone?!... Read More
- 0Feb 15, '12 by Grey LadyQuote from leenakMe too! My kids grew up with all kinds of people and we have the most and best ethnic restaurants in the state!Thanks for the info Grey Lady. It is good to hear that the clinicals are diverse and there are underserved opportunities. I also currently live in one of the more diverse areas of Montgomery county and I like it and like that we have people from all over the world in this county.
.....and I forgot to mention that we have plenty of free parking at SG, even in the six level garage.
- 0Feb 16, '12 by Grey LadyQuote from SB113You're making me jealous And, making me second guess my decision to apply at Balto, even though I live probably an hour from SG [/QUOTE][QUOTE.....and I forgot to mention that we have plenty of free parking at SG, even in the six level garage.
Both the Shady Grove and Baltimore campuses have their unique advantages and disadvantages - like living in a small town vs. a big city. You should pick the place where you will feel most comfortable and/or where it is most convenient. In any case, the fabulous nursing education you will receive is the same - same books, same tests, same standards for clinicals and the same diploma. Go Maryland!
- 0Mar 21, '12 by stopperGrey Lady,
My status is still Complete Ready for Review and has not changed to Committee Ready. Should I be concerned?
I am currently taking my last two prerequisites (both science). In your description of the status progression, you described Provisional Admit as accepted provided last transcripts are all grades of B or better. If I receive B's in both classes, I will not have the 3.0 science GPA requirement stated on the website. With Provisional Admit, is that requirement waived or decided on an individual basis? Or does the 3.0 science GPA requirement stand?
- 0Mar 21, '12 by Grey LadyQuote from SourceA lot of the clinicals for Baltimore students are done at the University of Maryland Medical Center right across the street from the School of Nursing. Some of the Shady Grove students will do clinicals there as well. Shady Grove students will have clinicals, in addition to Washington, in Montgomery and Frederick counties including Shady Grove Adventist which is about a mile away from the Shady Grove campus. It is wise for students to aim for clinicals in a variety of settings as each one has its own character and way of doing things. They will never get this opportunity again to be exposed to so many different ones. It's a great way to see where they fit best and many students end up getting jobs at one of their clinical sites.Besides Washington DC, does anyone know if most of clinical are done in Baltimore, MD?
- 0Mar 21, '12 by Grey LadyQuote from SB113There won't be much progress this week as we are on spring break. If your status has not changed as of today, it will likely not change before the middle of next week so give your computer a rest. I am afraid that is all I can tell you at the moment.Ms. Grey Lady??
Can you shed any light on us potential candidates? Such as...how is the decision making process going?
You truly are a gift to us UMSON hopefuls!