Towson University Sp 2013 BSN - Page 8Register Today!
- Oct 21, '12 by Blacksapphire 18Wont know anything until the fall semester ends. They will pull wait listed students according to calculating how many spots are opened after November 5 when the letter of intents are due. After decided how many students accepted the offers and declined offers they will know how many wait listed people have a shot at a spot. The students with the strongest GPA will be pulled at the end of the fall semester.
- Oct 23, '12 by AmesRT6510Here is some helpful info from Mrs Necker for those of you on the wait list or not accepted :
·We received approximately 200 applications for 72 spots for the spring program at Towson.
·The average Cumulative GPA of admitted students is a 3.498, the average Science GPA of admitted students is a 3.540 and the average TEAS score is a 79.66%. The applicant pool was extremely competitive. The combination of the cumulative GPA, science GPA and TEAS score are important.
·The admissions committee heavily evaluates the above academic factors when making admission decisions. Additional admission factors include trend in grades, number of repeated courses, a large number of prerequisites remaining and grades in previous nursing courses if applicable.
- Oct 23, '12 by SB113I met with Mrs. Necker this morning and it clarified a LOT! Not that it made me feel any better (actually worse since I had my GPA totally wrong!), but at least I am a bit clearer on how things are done.
She did tell me that YES, there are males who have been accepted (didn't ask for a number) and YES, there are some who in the past have been accepted, but denied admission to the university.
She truly is a great person to talk to!
- Nov 2, '12 by Blacksapphire 18Well, I've noticed that a few people that got accepted into Towson were accepted to UMSON so I'm sure more slots will open for Towson waitlisted students.
- Jan 10 by Blacksapphire 18Has anyone heard anything from B.Necker?
- Jan 12 by TUtigerI was waitlisted and I just got a call today from Brook Necker letting me know that a spot opened up for me in the spring.