Shady Grove Hospital in RockvilleRegister Today!
- by movingforward12 Jul 20, '12Hello,
I have applied to the Medical unit (2A) at SGH and am schedulled to have the pre-interview test. I would like to know more information from anyone that is working there or has worked at this hospital, particularly if you have any knowledge of the M/S floors. Thank you.
- Jul 22, '12 by worfI too am interested. Thanks.
- Jul 24, '12 by movingforward12Did you apply to one of their units?
- Jul 24, '12 by worfI have applied for several different units at Shady Grove. Looking forward to good things!
- Jul 24, '12 by ciaharris11@movingforward, how long after you applied did you get scheduled for an pre interview test?
- Jul 25, '12 by CoffeeGeekRN2 A is the better floor. Stay away from the 4th floor M/S surgical wing. If you signed a new grad contact, stay for it's duration & get certified in that specialty then move on to another hospital.
- Aug 7, '12 by luckysamhow long does it take them to response after you applied? I am also interested in joining med/sug unit?any suggestion appreciated
- Aug 14, '12 by movingforward12I believe it took a few weeks, about 2-3 weeks before they sent me an email after I put in my application. They told me I needed to score above 80% to move forward with the interview process. You will get the score right after you finish the test. I scored well and was told my test scores wwould be forwarded to the hiring manager and I should receive a call. I didnt receive a call and was wondering why so I sent them an email. They told me because I didnt pass the Gallup RN Assessment test I wasnt able to go to the next step of the interview process.
If you are scheduled to take the test I would study from the NCLEX-RN study guides. I did mainly questions, but ofcourse you should review things your not familiar with. Also doing math questions will help you. Good luck with the application process
- Aug 23, '12 by worfI've recently completed RN testing...my resume was forwarded to nurse recruiters/hiring managers! I hope to hear back from them soon!! What should I expect next? Interviews? Shadowing? This would be my first interview...
- Aug 31, '12 by kristylane03@gadgitgurlrn- What is it about unit4 Med surg that you dislike? I interviewed for the internship this week and am suppose to hear back today.