new to Maryland help!Register Today!
- by ohrandomtimes23 Jan 2, '12Hey you guys,
I am new LPN who is also new to this site and the state of Maryland. It was an unexpected move so I donít know how the job market is here or where to even begin, I am from Florida. I would greatly appreciate any advice, info on places to look and more. Also I am currently in the Nottingham area, and in the process of getting endorsed. Thank you guys!
- Mar 10 by Neese80!Hello any luck yet? I applied for endorsement there too and wanted to know the timeframe if you have heard yet. Thanks.
- Mar 15 by secquoriaI'm also in the endorsement process (for my CNA from Minnesota). I don't know if its different for the varied levels of nursing but I applied in February. I was sent a letter in the mail to be used as a memo from the MBON to show to potential employers in Maryland, basically stating I'm entitled to work for 90 days until the endorsement process is complete.
I was getting anxious because my lease ends in April in MN and I still have no word back on jobs in MD. So I called the MBON asking how much longer the process would take. They basically said what's on the memo. Still waiting for the 90 days to be up to retrieve my official status. They list your name and issued number online so employers can verify you. I'm still not listed and just feel like I'm stalking the website...
- Mar 16 by HotyoungmomTo all if you New to Maryland board of nursing .....DON'T DO ANYTHING THREW THE MAIL.. if you want faster results you have to go IN PERSON. I live here and never done it threw the mail. I understand that your not here but it does take them a long long long long loooooooong time if you mail anything to them. And as for the LPN job market.... it's rough out here. Im perusing my Rn. Out here the want RN OR BSN.
- Mar 18 by secquoriaQuote from HotyoungmomGood point! I'm a flight attendant right now so I was fortunate to be able to fly over for free and hand it in personally.To all if you New to Maryland board of nursing .....DON'T DO ANYTHING THREW THE MAIL.. if you want faster results you have to go IN PERSON. I live here and never done it threw the mail. I understand that your not here but it does take them a long long long long loooooooong time if you mail anything to them. And as for the LPN job market.... it's rough out here. Im perusing my Rn. Out here the want RN OR BSN.
Update: so far I see my name on the list online. Finally. It just doesn't say CNA/GNA yet. It says "processing via endorsement". So at least things are moving along.
- May 12 by arockingroupieGo to the MBON and sit in their lobby and demand answers. They will not answer phone calls or respond timely by mail. It is very aggravating but you aren't the only ones. The job market for CNA's here is slowly diminishing. If all else fails try to apply for D.C., suck it up, and make the drive down for work. D.C. has some advantages.
- Jun 13 by secquoriaI FINALLY have my registered number. I had to email the administrator and everyone under her to get the boat moving. Had I done this two months ago I probably would have left my airline job by now.
I too was considering a DC commute but I don't have a car and public transportation isn't as reliable as Minnesota where I did my schooling...
- Jul 5 by laydiebuugThe board of nursing is worse than Maryland but it helps to do everything with both in person. I don't know where they find the folks to staff at the board of nursing