Johns Hopkins new grad 2011 - page 8
by sbostonRN 56,757 Views | 142 Comments
Hello Maryland nurses :) I'm from the Boston area, graduating with my ADN in May. I applied for the JHH clinical nurse residency program and I just got contacted for an interview! I don't know when it will be yet but I'm very... Read More
- 0Aug 15, '11 by PokytrokytNot everyone hired by JH went to school there or U MD. In my cohort that started last month, I know of two folks who went to Towson (another state school), one went to Univ of Delaware, two of us went to Georgetown, and there were two RN's who graduated from local community colleges.
I applied for 8 different Nurse Clinician I positions online before I was called in for an interview.
- 1Aug 15, '11 by sweetie85I used to think that too, but believe me its totally not true. I graduated from a relatively new private BSN program in west palm beach, fl in May and I started work at Hopkins on August 1st! It is definitely possible. At least you are getting over the endorsement hurdle early! I don't know what positions are open right now, but I hear there will be lots of openings in pediatrics. I would give it at least 2 weeks from the day you submitted your application to contact a nurse recruiter for an update. Good luck!
Quote from ucfRNCongrats to those hired at Hopkins. I almost felt like if you didnt go to UMB or JH for nursing school, they won't consider you for their new grad hire. I have every intention from moving from FL to MD in the next month. I have my FL RN license and now have endorsed for MD. I wish the Nurse Recruiter would contact me already! Is it a good idea to contact the recruiter?
- 0Aug 18, '11 by ucfRNWow, thanks for the insight. How do the nurse recruiters respond to those that call? Because I stopped by security one day and she told me there were scheduled interviews and I wouldnt have a chance to see her.
I've applied to Hopkins since I graduated in May and I really hope that I get a call for the peds position I applied to. Fingers crossed!
Sweetie85, how do you like it at hopkins? Is it everything you hoped?
- 0Sep 6, '11 by caroladybelleQuote from ucfRNI have a community college degree from a Florida school, and have worked there for a while. But I also came in with experience and had worked there as a traveler.Congrats to those hired at Hopkins. I almost felt like if you didnt go to UMB or JH for nursing school, they won't consider you for their new grad hire. I have every intention from moving from FL to MD in the next month. I have my FL RN license and now have endorsed for MD. I wish the Nurse Recruiter would contact me already! Is it a good idea to contact the recruiter?
I have seen UofM and JH grads turned down for Towson nurses. A great deal depends on your own initiative, personality and drive.
JHUH requires a certain type of nurse, in certain depts.
- 0Sep 8, '11 by ucfRNYes! Go Knights! What are the odds.. maybe you're my junior buddy. haha
Well, I have been in contact with the recruiter and soon after, my application status changes are more positive. I will let you know how it turns out. I applied last month (August) and just got my license yesterday! So it only took 4 weeks (in my case). You should begin contacting the recruiter