Johns Hopkins Hospital UAP/RN offerRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Johns Hopkins Hospital UAP/RN offer in Maryland Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I recently graduated with my ADN and I was trying to get into JHH RN Residency program. However,...by sbrownRN Sep 16, '11I recently graduated with my ADN and I was trying to get into JHH RN Residency program. However, an HR person contacted me and asked if I would be interested in a UAP/RN position to "get my foot in the door" so to speak. Has anyone heard of this before? ....or done this?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=617867©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 7,360 Views
- It sounds like a good offer but did they tell you the unit you would be a UAP on? That way you're aware of whether you'd be an RN on that unit?
- Sep 25, '11 by sbrownRNWell, they keep asking how many hours and what type of ICU I was in on clinicals in school. So, that leads me to think it is an ICU unit. Would you think that?
- Absolutely. Do you want to be on an ICU? It's sounds like a good opportunity!
- Sep 25, '11 by sbrownRNYes. She asked me what areas I was interested in and ICU was the third one I listed. I really want OB/GYN, but I'll take ICU anyday over med/surg! Are you applying at JHH also? Are you entry-level? Are they considering you for a RN position?
- Yes I am sooo interested in JHH. I am a new grad nurse (since May)
- Sep 26, '11 by sbrownRNMe too! Well, good luck to you BTW, is the "ucf" University of Central Florida? I used to live in Cocoa Beach!
- Sep 26, '11 by ucfRNYes! Thats pretty close to UCF
- Sep 28, '11 by LAtoMDOkay so initially I was interviewed for a UAP/RN position on a surgical oncology unit. It went very well but I told my recruiter what my main interest was so she set up an appointment for me yesterday immediately after my sharetime last week for another UAP-RN position. Upon going in for my interview I was fully prepared for the UAP position but the unit told me that they are also accepting applicants for an RN position so they interviewed me for both positions and upon returning to the NM following my interview she told me I got the Nurse Clinician I position. I start Halloween and I cannot state how amazing the recruitment office is at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Go for the interview because you never know what RN positions will open up!!! Is anyone starting the SPRING orientation on Halloween?
- Sep 29, '11 by sbrownRNLAtoMD I am so happy for you!
So, I applied and have an interview with the CSICU, which is one of my interests. But, I think that is for a UAP/RN position. Well, I saw that a Nurse Clinician position came open in surgery (Wilmer 4D) so I applied for it. I have an interview for that one as well. So, my interviews are scheduled for Oct. 14 & Oct 18. I am so nervous! Were the questions the same for the UAP interview as they were for the Nurse Clinician? Also, when did you interview? Just trying to figure out if I may possibly start in the SPRING program with you on Halloween. Also, does it matter what color scrubs I wear to the share time?